Home Sports Talk

Ramirez and Damon sign for 1 year with the Rays

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
Could be double boo-birds in Fenway, they can't both DH. Red Sox and Rays meet quite a lot in 2011.

Damon gets $5.5m and Ramirez a seemingly paltry $2m...a long way from his previous paycheck.

Let the games begin.

Comments

• both will hit well with little power, as age and lack of steroid juice for ManRam sap their power.
  • bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Yet, somehow, both will come up with key hits against the Red Sox during the season.
    Capecards
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I bet they come up with hits, but not alot of "key" ones.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $2 million for Ramirez. Makes the Dodgers look like real chumps.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Damon should be of some help to the Rays.He spent 1 year in Detroit and enjoyed his agressivness and leadership here although his #s did not pan out as the Tigers were hoping,but still decent.Manny seems to have lost it.He will not last the season in Tampa or will be on the disabled list for most of the year.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
    The Manny situation could get ugly.
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it may actually get kinida funny if, for some odd reason, they sit Damon a game or two and actually put Manram in left field. I predict Manram will try to win over the fans by doing his Manram shtick by clowning. What might be pretty interesting also is they are both known for their poor arms and less than stellar fielding skills. One of them for sure has to take the field.

All Red Sox Nation will not forget Damon's "I'd never play for the Yankees" comment and Manram has a portfolio of gaffs and serious attitude issues which dissed his teammates and began to do his "in your face" to management. I'll bet Francona could tell some tales, maybe he'll write a book one day.

Honestly, I hope they both fail miserably.
    I can't see Joe Madden putting up with Manny's crap. I can't see any team putting up with his nonsense especially now that he is not putting up numbers. He was a machine at the plate with Boston and that was the only reason he was able to get away with anything.