Home U.S. Coin Forum

what are your gold and silver predictions for this year?

tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭
"government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Comments

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no prediction because I suspect we are dealing with manipulated markets.

When the "right" people (or governments) have made their money the little guys will be left with the losses.

The fear factor in precious metals prices is very high. This is an ideal time for the market manipulators to make a killing.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    I disagree completely and as the economy recovers the price of precious metals will fall IMHO. I agree completely with the poster who asserts the metals markets are being manipulated to the detriment of the small investor.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a PM forum as you may know where this belongs......having said that I predict gold at 1100 and silver at 20 on 12/31/11. They had there runs along with many other commodities. Time for a serious rest in '11.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the poll respondents expect silver to rise an average of 47% in 2011.

Remarkably, this is the same percentage rise the dotcom stocks were predicted to rise in 2000 at the end of 1999!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think up but slowing though out the year to stable for the last quarter.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree completely and as the economy recovers the price of precious metals will fall IMHO. I agree completely with the poster who asserts the metals markets are being manipulated to the detriment of the small investor.

The price of precious metals have been manipulated upwards since 2002 (along with the US dollar being manipulated downward 35%) and something should be done about it!

Please ignore all those small PM investors who were taken advantage of and have made money since 2002. It stinks to be manipulated, just like they did to silver from 1965 to 1980. image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Gold will end up on December 31st 2011 at $1,904.69 per ounce, silver at $52.61.
  • Hard to say, I completely agree that the PM markets are being manipulated by the big guys. Not to say that the little guys, cooperatively, have influence. After all, all of the world's gold would fit into 2.5 olympic swimming pools.

Economy looks like it may be recovering, but there's the European debt to worry about and our own hole.

Prediction per oz. for 12/31/11...
    Gold: $1550
    Silver:$36
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    they will drop significantly during the year.....gold $1225 oz. and silver $23. 15 oz. the U.S. dollar will regain strength with the (secret) agreements made with China .... the Chinese will continue to invade our markets: real estate, manufacturing sectors, etc. and the American general public will be totally oblivious while watching their favorite sports or "reality" shows....

just to keep it "worthless" coin related

• << <i>they will drop significantly during the year.....gold $1225 oz. and silver $23. 15 oz. the U.S. dollar will regain strength with the (secret) agreements made with China .... the Chinese will continue to invade our markets: real estate, manufacturing sectors, etc. and the American general public will be totally oblivious while watching their favorite sports or "reality" shows....

just to keep it "worthless" coin related >>

I don't see how it can do anything but go up in value , i don't see the dollar regaining significant strength anytime soon.It could well be the PM market has been manipulated so strongly we have never seen the true values.

Ooops , i didn't mean to quote or single your post out , i clicked the wrong button to reply , sorry about that.
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think sometime this year silver will drop to $24 but after this, we'll see silver hit its peak again and perhaps more.

Right now, I'm not concerned with Goldimage
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There is a PM forum as you may know where this belongs......having said that I predict gold at 1100 and silver at 20 on 12/31/11. They had there runs along with many other commodities. Time for a serious rest in '11. >>

...ummm, gee, i didn't mean to upset you. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll stick by earlier predicton of $1150 by July for gold. Silver will just meander and will
    be the better bet for the hold.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may go up, and it may go down, but to beleive that any entitiy could influence a GLOBAL gold market is pretty far fetched. I am willing to say there is no more open market Globaly than that which is hard Gold. It is universal money. Of course if I had access to the spaceship hidden in Area 51 I could change my mind.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold will plunge when the stock market crosses 14,000
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    If the economy improves gold and silver will drop, platinum might go up.
    The big question is if it recovers, if it doesn't recover then gold and silver might still drop a little bit.
    Ed
  • They both will CRASH
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Gold $1150
    Silver $17.50
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill go with what chris said. depends on how much they prop up the dollar and whats next fire they gotta put out in the future. we shall see
  • taxbuster1040taxbuster1040 Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    I have never made predictions of prices of either gold, silver, oil, stocks or anything else over a one year period. Anyone getting the numbers right has as much chance as throwing darts on a board. However, I do like to make predictions about where prices will be in 20 years, which is more my time horizon for investing. I also think it is much easier to do this, as there are certain long term trends that must be taken into consideration along with inflation outlook. So I will state where I think these averages will be in 2o years, just in case any of you are long term investors like me.
    Gold........ $10,000 an ounce
    Silver........$200 an ounce
    Oil.............. $1000 a barrell
    Dow Jones average....... 19,000

There, it is so much easier to guess out this way and make your plans accordingly. Trying to time anything over a one year period is more gambling than anything else. Long term investing is based more on trends playing out in a logical way. Keeps turnover costs to a minimum also.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict I'll be buying and holding both so long as I'm employed.
  • Gold $ 1,556.00
    Silver $ 34.78

At or around September 2011
  • JuanJuan Posts: 71 ✭✭
    I think Jean Dixon (she's dead) and God only know the answer to the question. However, I too believe that the markets on precious metals is manipulated by a select few...
    oklahomakid
  • PoppeePoppee Posts: 154 ✭✭
    Gold - $1,590
    Silver - $47
  • CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict that I will continue to purchase crusty southern mint and early gold during 2011.

regards,

'dude
    Got Crust....y gold?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file