Home U.S. Coin Forum

I demand a Tucson Show report !!

Had to work Thursday and Friday, would love to hear how the Tucson show went? C'mon, lets hear it !!!
" YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08

Comments

• SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I showed up at 10:15, and met Stone, and then proceeded to prowl. The crowd looked decent. I picked up a large cent from Charmy Harker (The Penny Lady)---she had an astonishing multiple die capped cent that looked >> 1 inch deep. I picked up another large cent, with a rotated reverse, from Steve Ellsworth (Butternut). Saw lots of the usual stuff, especially lots of generic gold (mostly circulated and raw), but few really nice coins. There seemed to be more coins in Genuine slabs than I recall seeing last year, but I don't think that they were selling. I saw 4 S.S. Central America-salvaged $20 Liberty coins. More interesting coins, of the kinds that were at the show a few years ago, just weren't there today.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a great show. Lots of people and sales were good. Bought a VF-MS set of Indians, A MS-63 - MS65 set of Indians, a Compete set of MS shield and Lib nickels (all certified). A 1877 MS63BN in a 2nd gen holder, 1955 DDO AU55 with lots of Red. Too bad its not open on Sunday (hall rates went up, so day of the show went down). Kenny and Mike sold some coins. They netted $55 each after their cost was taken out.

There were lots of people. Everyone seems to have had a good show.

Last night they had "Dillinger Days" downtown. Went with Charmy, her sister and niece. The Irish car bombs were flowing.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Busier show than usual, but nothing for me, especially after FUN two weeks ago. Saw Sonorandesertrat, Charmy, and Rick from the forums.
    It appears that my Bust Dime cherrypick has spread into Tucson too and I got several compliments! That's neat image
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick...what are you doing???Get off these boards and enter your newps...sheesh!!!!! image
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, since the public thinned out around 4:00 some dealers had some time to see Kenny and Mike's coins. They sold a bunch more and walked out each making $300 after expenses. They paid off the computer that they wanted. "Why didn't you show me this earlier" was what some dealers were saying. Too bad on Thursday and Friday they had school, so the "bargain book" didn't come out until today. It's funny how dealers instinctively see a bargain while almost no collectors bought their coins. They all had their bottom-line price labeled on them too.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Was not able to make it to the Tucson coin show this week image But I will be in Tucson for some gem/bead shows next week, though. So I guess I'll have to continue going to the smaller Camelback show until the next time!

Hope everything was good!

Ben

-Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a really great show - I created a separate Tucson Show Report thread for my full report with lots of pictures!
    Charmy Harker
    The Penny Lady®
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Charmy, I dont know if this is fitting or not, but YOU SUCK !!!!!! lol,
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file