Home Sports Talk

Orioles off season and Vlad?

I'm praying they sign Vlad and I'm on the band wagon. They've already added D.Lee, Mark Reynolds, JJ Hardy, and Kevin Gregg.

Give the man who won AL Comeback Player of the Year, a Silver Slugger, the Edgar Martinez Award for outstanding DH, All-Star Selection, and led a power hitting team in rbi's to the World Series in 2010 a JOB!

Damon just got 6 million and Vlad is just begging for PT? By the sounds of it Vlad is going to have to take a Manny style deal of a few mill?

Let's look at the stats...

Date of Birth/ Games Played in 2010/ Homeruns/ Batting Average/ Runs Batted In/ Runs Scored/ Stolen Bases

Manny
05/30/1972 090g 09hrs .298 042rbi 38r 01sb
Damon
11/05/1973 140g 08hrs .271 051rbi 81r 11sb
Vlad
02/09/1975 152g 29hrs .300 115rbi 83r 04sb

Not even comparable IMO.

Go Orioles? Hopefully!

Comments

• The O's getting Vlad would be a huge pick-up!! It wouldn't put them in immediate contention, but it would give them the offense to compete with the Sox & yankees. Weiters, Lee, Roberts, Hardy & Reynolds make up the infield and then add Markakis, Jones and ?????? in the OF, they would definitely have say-so on who wins that division. I absolutely love Showalter as their MGR. Take a look at their record after he took over - I think they had the 2nd or 3rd best record in the AL once he took the helm. Baltimore is deserving of a quality team. It's a good baseball town with a great stadium and decent fans. It's actually amazing that Vlad is still looking for work.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭
    i would love to see them add him, but i'm not sure where he would play luke scott is going to DH. they would have to put scott in left and they have pie and reimold there. it would be interesting but i love to fit him somewhere
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i would love to see them add him, but i'm not sure where he would play luke scott is going to DH. they would have to put scott in left and they have pie and reimold there. it would be interesting but i love to fit him somewhere >>

Apparently, they are looking to deal for a pitcher, this would free up some space in the OF and as you said Scott would play left, the trade off being Vlads offense for Scott's limited range.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    He will be a bargain at this time of year for a team that needs a DH or part time OF.
    I'll make this my last pre-signing post but this guy says "....Vladimir Guerrero (contract with the Orioles imminent)..." which was posted on line today at around 11am. At this point I like the O's and Angels equally for who I would prefer gets him...
    Looks like Vlad did go to the Orioles! I'm super happy about this. This lineup is filthy...

2B - Brian Roberts
    CF - Adam Jones
    RF - Nick Markakis
    DH - Vladimir Guerrero
    LF - Luke Scott
    3B - Mark Reynolds
    1B - Derrek Lee
    C - Matt Wieters
    SS - JJ Hardy

If the arms are even half decent I think they will give a lot of teams a run, lots of power in there for hitters park!

Go Orioles!

I'm going to find a nice cap on Ebay right now!...
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭
    let's go O's

nice pick up but the 8 mil may be a bit much, but hey its not my money

i always wanted to see vlad hit at the yards
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    They have a good team and will make the AL East very difficult.
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Nice add for the O's!