Home U.S. Coin Forum

Post A Cherrypickers' Guide Variety NOT Currently A Part of PCGS Variety Sets

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here is one of mine. 1937 DDO FS-101 10c in MS63FB ANACS
Feel free to post one of yours.... image
"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Comments

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one? image
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • little early this morning, I have always wondered what it takes for a variety to make the jump from reg to major I.E. not having to pay the extra fee. I am sick of paying 50$ to get 34d Peace dollar Double dies put in holders as a VAM when all i want is the DDO and mint mark size listed. It is in most price guides as a stand alone coin but not the TPGs...what does it take
    John, I wonder as well. I would have expected Tony (fcloud) to chime in already. He has one that was listed in the PCGS reg set then when he sent it in to be slabbed PCGS decided to remove it from the reg set. Terrible. I think it is a 1941 DDR if I recall correctly. I think there are only 3 Merc Dimes in CPG that are not included in the Reg Set....I am out and about so I can't look at my CPG right now.

Greg
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lot of dime varieties that are not in the CPG and thus not in the PCGS Registry.

I don't know why they (PCGS) leave out coins that ARE in the CPG.

I doubt they will ever make the non major varieties regular varities that do not need the $24 fee.
    Maybe they are waiting along with the rest of us to see what comes of the next CPG and then they might re-evaluate the sets...that is my current guess.
    I would not mind adding my 1937 DDO FS-101 to my set even though it is only a 63FB...I would look for an upgrade though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file