Home U.S. Coin Forum

INTERESTING US Mint misprint discovery on American Disabled Veterans Commem silver dollar proofs (20

orevilleoreville Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
I purchased two different 2010 American Veterans Disabled for Life Commemorative Silver Dollar proofs at a local coin show several months ago and opened the boxes.

One of them stated:

Reverse: .......Sculpted by United States Mint Sculptor-Engraver Norman E. Nemeth.

The other US Mint card insert in the other box stated:

Reverse: .......Sculpted by United States Mint Sculptor-Engraver Joseph Menna.

Huh? Both card inserts are identical in every other way. One of them had to be wrong????? I checked and found out that Joseph Menna indeed was the US Mint Sculptor-Engraver of these 2010 proofs.

I have been looking through as many boxes as I could and have found only one additional box with the incorrect card insert!

What is going on here?????

Please check your boxes and post here your findings!!!

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Quick, get the error insert slabbed as the discovery piece! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    mine says Menna
    figglehorn
  • A picture would help.
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty crazy! Wow! If I was Menna I would be soooo pissed off! Could you imagine his family members ordering the coin and getting it with a card that says the other guy. That would totally suck!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was there, perhaps, another commem that was Sculpted by United States Mint Sculptor-Engraver Norman E. Nemeth. ?

Maybe a few cards got mixed into the wrong commem packaging system?

I would think that's gotta be a possibility with some of the things I've seen come out of the mint.
  • Mine says:

Obverse: Designed and sculpted by U.S. Mint Sculptor-Engraver: Don Everhart

Reverse: Designed by U.S. Mint Artistic Infusion Program Master Designer Thomas Cleveland; Sculpted by U.S. Mint Sculptor-Engraver Joseph Menna.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file