Home U.S. Coin Forum

What is the SECOND most unvalued coin out there today?

What is the second most undervalued coin out there today? Since the MOST undervalued coin is like Bush's Family Secret Recipe on these boards, what is the second?

Comments

• CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coins aren't undervalued. Buyers are.

The value you bring to the "deal" is finding a buyer.

It doesn't matter how much the coin is "undervalued," what matters is how much the buyer you find is willing to pay for it.

You work hard, you find a strong buyer. You work not so hard, you find a crap buyer.

How hard are you willing to work?
  • I am willing to work for say, 6 hours a monthimage
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Boone Commems--------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Reading another thread earlier today, I learned a nickle is worth a disme.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    There are a number of series of coins that are rare in comparison to other more popular

and expensive series. Why are these series undervalued, simple the collector demand is

not there. As a general rule, the larger the size of a coin, the more popular the series is.

There can be coins where only 10 are known, but if no one wants to collect them, then what

are they really worth?
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • An example I was thinking of is the 1844 dime vs. 1846 dime. The 44 is multiple in gray sheet and much more available as opposed to the under priced (if you can find them) 46. I know people in the know, know how to price the 46, but many dealer don't. I have bought several 44's and dealers want ask plus, but I have bought 2 46's for under ask. I know there are some barber halves that are way cheap in gray sheet and many dealers cases when they are VF, not that they are available all the time, but again most dealers don't know they bring 2-3x ask. Get it?
  • OnTheHuntOnTheHunt Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    In the Washington quarter series, my vote would be for the 1940-D in gem - they're tough to find.

Steve
  • FYDDR"S
  • My usual answer in these type questions. The 1951-P Carver/Washington Commems graded MS-65 and above.
    I know they are unloved but also much undervalued.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    id say one of the commemorative coins are. the early ones
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    1794 Half Dime.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second most unvalued? By definition a coin is a store of value, so unless you mean undervalued, this question is over my head. image
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1944 Lincoln cent in Steel
  • Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭
    Hard times tokens from the Troy, New York region.

(Yes, I am just making this up. But they are cool.)
    --

Ed. S.

(EJS)
  • halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    The 2008-W rev. of 07 Silver Eagle of course ! ! !

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    97-S quarter

I like the 11-D eagle also
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unvalued? do we nean undervalued?

Anything you can't easily find an example of for sale on ebay would be a good place to start. R6 bust and seated coins. Non-corroded mid-grade classic head cents. Uncleaned AU seated dollars.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Boone Commems--------BigE >>

I would tend to agree with you on this, based on the low mintages. I seem to see them in every B&M and at every show I go to, though...

I think the 1880's 3c nickel business strikes (1881 excluded) would be my choice.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • 1995-p DDO1
  • Thanks for the responses, yep Baley I meant Under Valued.

1995-p DDO1

Do you mean the Lincoln 1995-P DDO-1?

The Boone huh? Never thought about that one. I have been quietly snatching 1938 P, D, S Texas Commemoratives in MS-62-65 for a few years now. It satrted when I wanted to build a whole set in PCGS MS-64, quickly I dropped the 34-37's and bought all of the 38's I could get my hands on. Super Low mintage and anything from Texas is popular. I usually get them at bid or back, if there is a down side I have yet to see it?

Also been buying Jamestown $5 UNC and a few Old San Fransisco Mint $5 UNC. I don't know the final mintage's, does anyone have them? I was buying them raw and certified for under melt on ebay until gold hit $900 or so then I stopped.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file