Home U.S. Coin Forum

Has anyone visited the National Museum in Delhi? How is the coin display?

LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
Originally, The Man asked me to go to Bangalore, which I am not too happy about. Now he said to me, "Longacre, since you're going to be there anyway, why don't you make a stop in Delhi."

Unfortunately now I need to spend a weekend in India (in Delhi to make an early morning meeting on a Monday). As I was perusing the internet trying to find interesting things to do, the National Museum there caught my eye.

Exploring further, I see that the Museum has a coin display, and shows the evolution of Indian Scripts and Coins. I think this should be pretty interesting. Here is a link: National Museum.

Has anyone been to this museum and seen this display? It is worth having the driver take me to it?
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Never been to that museum... it should be fun, you'll only have to compete with 1,180,000,000 people in line! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Looks interesting! Maybe you can get a chariot ride?
  • DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭
    Be sure to exit through the Whitman Publishing Numismatic Gift Shop.

• RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Geeez....Whitman is everyplace! They even make candy....saw some in the drug store!
  • sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Did you post this query over on The Darkside? We have had posters from India now and again.
  • DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭
    Seriously --- I was in a CVS the other day, and they had a gigantic TWO AND A HALF POUND BOX of Whitman Sampler chocolates. The retail price was $24.99. Is that a good price for chocolate?

Which would you rather buy for $25: a 2-1/2 pound box of candy, or a chocolate-brown later-date Fine-12 large cent?

• AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    My family and my wife's family are from there. None of us have been to the museum.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    I never visited the Statue of Liberty until after I moved from New York City.
  • SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eats berry berry gute. image
  • yes, ive been there. very forgettable as i dont remember a lot of it despite it only being during the summer of 09. I think it was pretty cheap to get in though...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file