Home U.S. Coin Forum

Unusual way to find silver at the bank

I had cashed in most of my metal detecting coins at a local bank. They called yesterday to tell me that the Fed had returned $22.50 and that I needed to pick it up. It ended up being halves that had been in a fire that I had not turned in. I told them I would take them anyway and run them through my rock tumbler and clean them up. I ended up with one 64 Kennedy and 4- 40%er's. The rested cleaned up pretty good too.

Comments

• dimplesdimples Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭
    Now that is funny. Now your known as the grungy coin guy at the bankimage
  • Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    I once bought two ASEs from a bank for $1 each face value. I went in looking for Ikes and they didn't have any, but one teller said she had some big dollar coins a customer cashed in the day before... and I snatched them up before anyone could blink an eye.
    Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We would probably be amazed at what some tellers, that know what's what, come home with.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file