Home U.S. Coin Forum

Another eBay Good Deal?

Okay, so there's a local coin show in my area this weekend and as I always do, I run a 4 day check on eBay's completed listings for prices items sold for and make a list with item #s. I do this because I always run into some dealer who wants to claim that, "they're selling for more on eBay." This way I can pull out my lists and show them the completed sales for the same item is selling for less than they're asking for.

Anywho, I came across this item that I found particularly par for the course:

1914D

NGC lists the value at $4350 and the seller wants $654,321.00.

Talk about nickel and diming buyers to death!

Comments

• drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "THE HIGH BUY IT NOW IS JUST A ATTENTION GETTER BID ACCORDINGLY AND HIGHEST BIDDER WINS..!!!!....."
  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What coin are you getting? The image is of an MS63, but the item description states ICG VG10???
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The seller is just assuring the fact that they don't undersell the coin, and are hoping they can get the absolute highest offer. There is also a possibility that they did not know what price to put on the coin so they listed it super high for good measure.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics

• << <i>Okay, so there's a local coin show in my area this weekend and as I always do, I run a 4 day check on eBay's completed listings for prices items sold for and make a list with item #s. I do this because I always run into some dealer who wants to claim that, "they're selling for more on eBay." This way I can pull out my lists and show them the completed sales for the same item is selling for less than they're asking for.
    >>

I did the same similar thing today (I wonder if we were at the same show? wilmington de?)
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    The 63 looks nice from what can be seen if the pics are anything like the coin.

But then the buyer might get the ICG VG10 mentioned in the item description.

Ed
  • raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭
    How's thw Wilmington show going? I'd like to go there tomm, I'll be passing it in about an hour, but can't stop. Are they buying and gold/platinum coins? I have the 4 coin sets. Have you seen and PCGS high graded early Kennedys, ie 1964-1974? Thanks in advanve. Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• << <i>What coin are you getting? The image is of an MS63, but the item description states ICG VG10??? >>

Thank you. You're the first one to notice that besides myself.

• << <i>

<< <i>Okay, so there's a local coin show in my area this weekend and as I always do, I run a 4 day check on eBay's completed listings for prices items sold for and make a list with item #s. I do this because I always run into some dealer who wants to claim that, "they're selling for more on eBay." This way I can pull out my lists and show them the completed sales for the same item is selling for less than they're asking for.
    >>

I did the same similar thing today (I wonder if we were at the same show? wilmington de?) >>

I'm in NY.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file