Home U.S. Coin Forum

Just got done with a 10 mile run in a foot of snow! Post a warmly toned Coin to thaw me out!

In the business of running competitively the show much go on regardless of weather. Took me 1 hour and 5 minutes but I got the job done! St. Louis got dumped on for about a foot of snow in some areas along the I-70 corridor including my house not far from the airport! I know it's not as bad as the snowfall totals that the northeast has seen this winter, but for St. Louis this was a big one!

Post a WARMLY toned coin with some nice Orange's, Red's and Yellow's too help thaw me out! It's supposed to get down to around zero tonight...is it spring yet??? Thanks!
Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    A 6:30 in Yaktrax... not bad! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be too hot for you.

• RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A 6:30 in Yaktrax... not bad! image >>

Haha, I wish I had Yaktrax....all I had were my Mizuno precisions!

@ Meltdown...that's perfect!
    Mike

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, you are making me feel like a wuss. I shoveled the snow and exercised indoors today. image

<< <i>Mike, you are making me feel like a wuss. I shoveled the snow and exercised indoors today. image >>

Hey...at least you still exercised, I know a lot of people that throw in the towel at the sight of snow or bad weather! And sadly I have yet to purchase a treadmill, because the nice ones are so expensive, so I am forced to go outside on a daily basis. It's easy when I am running with my athletes, but it get's a little bit more difficult on days like this one!
    Mike

• gonzergonzer Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 miles in snow? Heck Mike, that was just one-way for us on the way to school...after we slopped the hogs and etc., ect. Seriously, outstanding job! image
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Mike, you are making me feel like a wuss. I shoveled the snow and exercised indoors today. image >>

Hey...at least you still exercised, I know a lot of people that throw in the towel at the sight of snow or bad weather! And sadly I have yet to purchase a treadmill, because the nice ones are so expensive, so I am forced to go outside on a daily basis. It's easy when I am running with my athletes, but it get's a little bit more difficult on days like this one! >>

Treat yourself on days like these... take 2 GU packs along for the run! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    You can't be playing with a full deck, Mike. No one in their right mind would run 10 miles in a foot of snow!

Congratulations on your feat, but what were you thinking? You may never thaw out!

Hope that your son continues to improve. That's a real challenge!
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of snow runs in chicago here. B ut not ten miles and definitely not at six minutes per!

<< <i>You can't be playing with a full deck, Mike. No one in their right mind would run 10 miles in a foot of snow!

Congratulations on your feat, but what were you thinking? You may never thaw out!

Hope that your son continues to improve. That's a real challenge! >>

Thanks Julian, I sincerely appreciate it. He is recovering quite well from his most recent surgery.

And as far as playing with a full deck...I might be a couple Ace's short, lol. The key is to always have the mindset that your competitors are sitting by the fire place reading a good book while you are out putting in the hard work and gaining the competitive edge!
    Mike

• BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
    Around here most people don't go outside when there is snow on the ground.

Hi from San Antonio.
  • We got hammered all day in the Ohio valley!!
    I found this in change and I think its just what the doctor ordered.
    imageimage
    Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope that your son continues to improve. That's a real challenge!
    You sound like a great dad!!!!!!
    All the best for your boy!!!!!
    10 miles in the snow????? Amazing feat!!! image
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I am such a slouch.
    I just finished a glass of Zaya rum and a nice Padron cigar image
    How about a warmly toned Papal Medal?
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"

<< <i>Hope that your son continues to improve. That's a real challenge!
    You sound like a great dad!!!!!!
    All the best for your boy!!!!!
    10 miles in the snow????? Amazing feat!!! image >>

Thanks Goldbully, I really appreciate it!
    Mike

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toning (hey, there are some warm colors in there)... and a palm tree, just for you. image

I'm in a short sleeved shirt. I think it was 59 degrees when I came home, just after sundown.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    68 degrees and sunny here this afternoon. We deal with snow only when we want to.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>68 degrees and sunny here this afternoon. We deal with snow only when we want to. >>

Yup!

• I doubt I would need to be thawed out after running 10 miles in snow! I think the sweat would be dripping off me. image
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's some feat! Hope the feet are thawed.

Here's a fiery penny for you.
    Lance.

imageimage
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well running that far in snow is sure different from most, you must be in amazing condition

here, rub yer hands in front of this Frankie

imageimage

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started snow running this year.

It really isn't that hard (unless you go superfast like the OP).

You pretty much warm up in about five minutes.

Not to start a political discussion, but Sarah Palin runs in -20F regularly.

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
    imageimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Did you run at Frontier park? I saw a bunch of the halfers out there at 7:30, and I know there is a group that runs 10 @ 7am on Saturday. It would definately be a small world if you were part of the Fleet Feet organization. I just finished the no boundaries and momentum programs they run, am going to be in the GO! relay, and take part in the Tuesday and Thursday social runs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file