Home Autographs Forum

Eleanor Roosevelt signed letter

Does the contents of the letter affect it's value.

Can anyone comment on whether they think it's a legit signature ?Link

Comments

• Hi,

in the case of an authentic letter, unless the thing is totally handwritten (ALS), the content (and condition) will dictate price along with a few other things like scarcity and desirability.

Eric
  • levinlllevinll Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Content of this letter is pretty interesting. Letter is off to Collectors Universe to determine authenticitiy.
  • Hi,

Ah, forgot to speak to authenticity. Genuine from this scan (would like too see in hand) - appears fine and typical. And the address, typewriter and letterhead appear good for the date. I can't see watermarks from here and don't recall hers anyway.
    Papers of Authenticity are meaningless to me these days - considering what is getting the "good" sign and considering the signatures on many of these papers are usually printed(!) and sometimes these papers bear signatures of people who have never even examined the item that was authenticated (do your research and cover all the universe image !!!!!!!!!!!!)! And for goodness sake, don't let anyone put a sticker or hologram thingie on it anywhere and remove its desirability totally while disfiguring/staining it! She sent out a lot of letters, value (quick guess) is $250 or so maximum unless I misjudged the content. White House stationary is sought.

Best,
    Eric
  • levinlllevinll Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Thanks