Home U.S. Coin Forum

automatic 5 stars for free shipping on ebay now

You now get 5 stars when you do free shipping on Ebay. They don't give you the option to give anything less. I guess they sort of listened to us. I still think if the shipping charge was as stated it should be 5 stars as well. At least we won't get idiots dinging us when it was free shipping though.
Richard

Comments

• taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You now get 5 stars when you do free shipping on Ebay. They don't give you the option to give anything less. I guess they sort of listened to us. I still think if the shipping charge was as stated it should be 5 stars as well. At least we won't get idiots dinging us when it was free shipping though.
    Richard >>

You also get an automatic 5 stars if the item is delivered with the time frame indicated on the auction.
  • garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

That policy doesn't account for the old adage "You get what you pay for"
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I still refuse to use free shipping. When USPS, UPS or Fedex quits requiring me to pay, I'll offer free shipping. Until then, it is just ebay's (successful) attempt to collect fees on shipping costs. --jerry
  • HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You now get 5 stars when you do free shipping on Ebay. They don't give you the option to give anything less. I guess they sort of listened to us. I still think if the shipping charge was as stated it should be 5 stars as well. At least we won't get idiots dinging us when it was free shipping though.
    Richard >>

You also get an automatic 5 stars if the item is delivered with the time frame indicated on the auction. >>

Ditto, eBay is slowly making it easier for us hard working sellers to get Top-Rated status! image

• << <i>I still refuse to use free shipping. When USPS, UPS or Fedex quits requiring me to pay, I'll offer free shipping. Until then, it is just ebay's (successful) attempt to collect fees on shipping costs. --jerry >>

I agree and use the same policy.When i gave free shipping i encountered a rash of "items not recieved" so that was the end of that.A fair charge inclusive of delivery confirmation is acceptable to most people.
    The whole point of complaining about shipping costs is lost on me , we all know the shipping cost is figured into the bidding and it works out the same.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also get the 5 stars if you don't offer free shipping but use the ebay "print label"
    system and do so in a timely manner.

bob

PS: I too never offer free shipping and my DSR's as of today are quite acceptable
    at 4.9 or higher. I really do believe that 99.9% of people understand that it does
    cost money to send something through the mail system and won't argue about a
    reasonable cost to do so.
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • I've got 6,000+ 100% feedback.

More stars won't add a thing but free shipping would cost around 5-7% of each sale.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file