Home U.S. Coin Forum

Booked my flight for vegas?

I booked my flight for the Febuary members only show and will
not be able to attened Wenesday only Thursday.
I have never been to one of there shows so I am wondering
Do all the dealers stay set up both days?
I would hate to haul my rear end across country and have all the
dealers cut out at noon like they do at a lot of shows on the last day.
Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.

Comments

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been to almost all the shows. I generally show up late morning, eat lunch (free), spend a few
    hours......oh, yeah, your question: There are always some empty abandoned tables. On Thursdays I
    think that would be your best choice. Enjoy our town.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    I know DW won't be happy with me on this one, but I'll be truthful about these shows.

These "Members" shows are primarily for the dealers to deal with one another. Although the public is welcome to attend, being in the room is akin to stepping into a busy restaurant kitchen during dinner service: you'll be permitted to stay and linger but don't expect to be the center of attention as there is other wholesale business going on. As mentioned, these shows are primarily for the dealers so you probably won't find all the tables occupied (that doesn't mean the dealer isn't there) nor will you find a full service bourse setup with dealers patiently catering to your browsing whim. In fact some of the regularly attending dealers don't even deal with the public nor anybody who doesn't possess a resale certificate. These shows are not the standard retail-oriented coin shows like FUN or Baltimore.

Thursday is arguably the best day for the retail public to attend as things aren't as hectic as they are on the first day.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    February's Members Only Show starts on Tuesday afternoon with dealer setup. It is open to everyone Wednesday and Thursday, with coin pickup on Friday.

Let me put what Wei says another way. This show is designed for people who are ready to do business. I see lots of deals go down between collectors and dealers at every show, but you have to know what you are looking for and be ready to pull the trigger. It is a fast paced environment with lots of coins trading hands very efficiently and with a minimum of fuss. In some ways, it is the closest any collector will get to operating as most dealers do on a regular basis.

All PCGS Collector Club members and dealers are welcome, but if you are coming just to kick some tires be aware that no one will be holding your hand.

• << <i>I know DW won't be happy with me on this one, but I'll be truthful about these shows.
    Thursday is arguably the best day for the retail public to attend as things aren't as hectic as they are on the first day. >>

Thank for the honest reply! Evidently your responce provoked
    a response from DW unfortunately he did not reply to the OP?
    Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file