Home U.S. Coin Forum

Took all my mint rolls and bank rolls and turned them

into gold and silver. My hoarding mentality made it hard to part with this stuff. As we were sorting thing I would pull out rolls of sacs and mint rolls of kennedys and said I would keep these. After doing this a few times I finally said to myself, enough is enough, let'em all go. Man that was hard!
We had a new B&M open up in the area and I've been meaning to go check them out, so I went yesterday. Loaded up the Z and
drove to Dominion Coin Company.
I first asked if he could give any premium over face, knowing full well what his answer would be, but hey, I had to ask. We all know what the answer to that question was.

Here is what I walked out with after about an hour of sorting.

Herb

Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
imageimageimage

Comments

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you image
    Though, if I had asked, and gotten the "no" answer, I would have said...."I'll be right back...I need to go to the bank and open these up and I'll come back with some cash" because you know damn well that he will sell the coins from those mint rolls at a premium image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking upgrades! I think you may have done well!

Drunner
  • Some of those Mint Sac and Kennedy rolls carry a significant premium. 2005-2008 especially for the Sacs and Ken halves.
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. That must have been really tough to do.
    I would have probably done the same thing, but I can totally see the inner struggle.

• << <i>Some of those Mint Sac and Kennedy rolls carry a significant premium. 2005-2008 especially for the Sacs and Ken halves. >>

Yes I did leave some money on the table. As we were sorting I started to pull some of those out of the deal, but then changed my mind.image

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage

• << <i>Wow. That must have been really tough to do.
    I would have probably done the same thing, but I can totally see the inner struggle. >>

It was a struggle for sure, I have this hoarding mentality thing going on.

Herb
    imageimageimage
  • RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Hey I'm a Nissan Z fan too. Before my collecting days I would spend all my money on modifying my 88' 300ZX. Man I loved that car so much. Then I smashed into a curb trying to drift it like an idiot. Z's hook people the way coins do. But now I spend all my money on coins. Still, I wouldn't mind owning a new 370Z Nismo image
  • SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking grouping you got there.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sure you didn't need a truck for those rolls? That's a lot of coin in metals sitting there. Very nice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file