Home U.S. Coin Forum

Holy Smokes...Fastest shipping on record! Thanks Heritage!!!

So I called Heritage on Monday morning 1/17 to confirm my maling address for a lot won at the FUN show. It gets accepted in Dallas at 6:01 pm the same day, the notice of delivery gets to my P.O.box today 1/18 at 12:08 pm, and the lot is in my hands at 4:37 pm.

In Southern California.

Way to go Heritage!!
"Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end."

Comments

• joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lots were shipped on saturday but Im not going to be the one to spoil it for you image

Yay heritage shipping!
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually the first notice I get from Heritage is to tell me my payment is late.

Then they send me duplicate copies of the invoice each of the next three days.

This time I thought I would head them off and send in the check as soon as the auction was over.

I still got the late notice today.

But I must not be too late, because they keep sending me telephone books and accepting my bids.

I think they think I am triplets or something.

And somehow their bidding software allows all three of us to bid successfully, but only one of us actually pays and receives the coin.

Sometimes they send me the coin before I have paid.

And sometimes they don't.

I think the best word to describe their practices is "inscrutable."
  • ...........couple of weeks ago I won a lot @ Teletrade on Sunday night, Paypaled that same nite 20 min. after the auction closed , and had the coin in hand the following Tuesday afternoon !
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it should be "Way to go USPS" given all the---sometimes well deserved---grief we give them.
  • Lehigh96Lehigh96 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭
    The bidding for the FUN Sale ended on January 9th, 2011. I received my two lots on Tuesday, 1/11/11. I had not even paid the bill yet.
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://stores.ebay.com/Lehigh-Coins">LEHIGH COINS on E-Bay
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    The benefit of Express mail. You pay for it ($28).
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

• << <i>it should be "Way to go USPS" given all the---sometimes well deserved---grief we give them. >>

Agree. Kudos to USPS as well.

<< <i>The benefit of Express mail. You pay for it ($28). >>

True. I just like to savor the little victories in life. image
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, mine was not so quick! I won a coin on the 5th (Internet bidding), I finally got the invoice on the 11th and promptly paid. I just now look and see that they mailed the coin on the 18th. Nothing like two weeks to get it to the post office.image

What is that you are saying about "The benefit of Express mail. You pay for it ($28)." I paid for it alright.

• << <i>So I called Heritage on Monday morning 1/17 to confirm my maling address for a lot won at the FUN show. It gets accepted in Dallas at 6:01 pm the same day, the notice of delivery gets to my P.O.box today 1/18 at 12:08 pm, and the lot is in my hands at 4:37 pm.

In Southern California.

Way to go Heritage!! >>

Are you a Legacy Client?
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My lots were shipped a week after I paid for them via their e-cheque thingy. Go figure. Think I will go back to credit card, and then pay the credit card at the same time. Needless to say, I still do NOT have my four lots. With the Tuesday auctions I get stuff by that following Saturday. Signature auctions are always a lag for some reason.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, mine was not so quick! I won a coin on the 5th (Internet bidding), I finally got the invoice on the 11th and promptly paid. I just now look and see that they mailed the coin on the 18th. Nothing like two weeks to get it to the post office.image

What is that you are saying about "The benefit of Express mail. You pay for it ($28)." I paid for it alright. >>

If the coin you won was part of the FUN sale, it wouldn't have arrived back at Heritage from Florida until approximately January, 13th, 8 days later. And with all of the packages to ship out, I don't feel it is unreasonable that many coins (including mine) are being shipped this week.

It's not like they sat on the coins for two weeks, before shipping them.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>it should be "Way to go USPS" given all the---sometimes well deserved---grief we give them. >>

Heritage shipped it; the USPS transported and delivered it. I challenge ANYONE here to take a monstrosity the size of the USPS and make it work BETTER than they do.
    theknowitalltroll;

• << <i>

<< <i>So I called Heritage on Monday morning 1/17 to confirm my maling address for a lot won at the FUN show. It gets accepted in Dallas at 6:01 pm the same day, the notice of delivery gets to my P.O.box today 1/18 at 12:08 pm, and the lot is in my hands at 4:37 pm.

In Southern California.

Way to go Heritage!! >>

Are you a Legacy Client? >>

Here is your answer: "what is a Legacy client"?

Maybe I just got lucky, but let me clarify my modus: I did not wait for the invoice, and called Heritage the day after winning my lot (Thursday) with my credit card information. The lonely person left at Heritage in Texas during the FUN could not process the payment, as the bill had not been generated, but she nicely took my info and ran it through the following Monday. Got an email that Friday asking me to confirm my address (my P.O. box is not my billing address). Called Monday to confirm. Lot received Tuesday.

BTW--Jesh--Love your avatar!!!!! What's the grade?
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Well, mine was not so quick! I won a coin on the 5th (Internet bidding), I finally got the invoice on the 11th and promptly paid. I just now look and see that they mailed the coin on the 18th. Nothing like two weeks to get it to the post office.image

What is that you are saying about "The benefit of Express mail. You pay for it ($28)." I paid for it alright. >>

If the coin you won was part of the FUN sale, it wouldn't have arrived back at Heritage from Florida until approximately January, 13th, 8 days later. And with all of the packages to ship out, I don't feel it is unreasonable that many coins (including mine) are being shipped this week.

It's not like they sat on the coins for two weeks, before shipping them. >>

I am normally quite patient. This is just that perfect timeing that Mr. Murphy and his book of laws predicts. My scheduled coin arrival is tomorrow. I have to leave town tomorrow. My coin will probably arrive on the same jet that I leave on. My wife is going to get her hands on my "package" while I am gone. It is just one of those things, one day sooner would be great. Two days later would be great. I guess my frustration is with my last minute travel plans (work related) and the coin arrival time.
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Just for the record, Fed Ex actually flies 90% of Priority Mail....that is really why it gets there so fast!!!
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file