Home U.S. Coin Forum

Yer Box A Twenty!!

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
Which is easier to complete as a box of 20 today??

The doily holders?

Or the nearly identical, but supposedly scarcer 3.5 holders?

theknowitalltroll;

Comments

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gosh, silly me, and here I thought THE COIN was sorta' important...
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the 3.5's are easier though maybe not for long.

Here is one of my favorite 3.5's. I have a few DMPL's in those holders.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gosh, silly me, and here I thought THE COIN was sorta' important... >>

I was thinking that there might be a 1:1 correlation between the coins and the holders.image
    theknowitalltroll;
  • dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gosh, silly me, and here I thought THE COIN was sorta' important... >>

Of course not, the slab means everything!
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the 3.5's are easier though maybe not for long. >>

I think the 3.5's WILL be easier, as DRUNNER seems to be gobbling up all the Doily's in sight...well, pretty close to all of 'em!
    I'll come up with something.
  • AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy the plastic not the coin. image
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... I am not an expert

But... I see a sample slab there somewhere and doesn't that mean something to someone somewhere?image

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well... I am not an expert

But... I see a sample slab there somewhere and doesn't that mean something to someone somewhere?image >>

I picked the sample slab at random from the doily census thread as an example of the doily holder since I didn't have one of mine readily available.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I am missing out on more and more!!!

I thought I had a corner on the market but now every Doily in Aunt Edna's safety deposit box is coming out into the light for a position of honor on Billet7's list!

Jeremy has a clock on when he's going to spring the next Doily . . . he is down to about 35 more minutes until the next hit comes. He'll throw out a 2-center or some wild error coin and then sit back and relish my pain.

But, for the OP . . . I look for the 3.5s now. Have found a few at local shows but virtually nothing on the internet. I agree with Oreville and others that they are hard to find ('rare') but there is something about that Doily that gets them snapped up a lot faster. I have found (a few) 3.5s just languishing here in SLC, up in OR, and in CA at shows, but all I ever hear on Doilies is "yeah, I had one, but airplanenut just got it 10 minutes ago!"

On a box of 20? I think the 3.5s are a tad easier. Hit some local shows and you'll still see them. Oreville can't get to every show . . .

Drunner
    (Forum Doily Slut)
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    I have some doily inserts from long ago crackouts, are these good for anything? Or do you need the coin and the holder tooimage-------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file