Home U.S. Coin Forum

eBay sellers, one-day auctions are not your friends

seanqseanq Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
I say this as a public service for my friends on the Forum: unless you are selling something very generic or bullion-related, you are leaving money on the table when you only run your auction for one day. Very simply, to maximize the sales price on eBay you need as many eyes as possible to L@@K at your auction, and there's a great chance your item will fall right through the cracks if you only give people one day to find it.

Two very recent examples, over the weekend I picked up a screaming bargain on an item which ran for one day and closed late Sunday. Ordinarily I run a search on Monday morning to catch items from the weekend, had I not veered from my normal pattern I would have completely missed it. Earlier in the weekend a friend of mine captured another screaming cherrypick on a one-day auction. He snagged a variety I look for regularly, except I never saw the listing until he emailed me.

(I'll update the thread with specifics on the items once we have them in hand.)

Sean Reynolds
Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Comments

• One day auctions generally are the friend of the scammer , invarioubly dodgy coins go up on a one day special to presumably avoid detection.JMHO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file