Home U.S. Coin Forum

Any new piggy banks fit big dollar coins?

DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
Friends are popping new critters out left and right. Was wonderring if anybody knows of any specific brands of new piggy banks that are capable of dropping ikes/morgans/etc in? And get them out of an equaly big bottom cork/plug hole?

Anybody bought one recently for a baby? And if so could you get an ASE in them too??

I've searched online, but finding details about ones that are new models and will take the bigger older coins has been elusive.

Comments

• tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Friends are popping new critters out left and right. Was wonderring if anybody knows of any specific brands of new piggy banks that are capable of dropping ikes/morgans/etc in? And get them out of an equaly big bottom cork/plug hole?

Anybody bought one recently for a baby? And if so could you get an ASE in them too??

I've searched online, but finding details about ones that are new models and will take the bigger older coins has been elusive. >>

...i think you'll need to buy what is available and perform some 'magic' handyman skills and make it accessible.

i don't know if you'll find one commercially unless it's from very old stock. jmo image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    even the ones I had back in the day when IKEs were still made didn't fit them.

I'm not saying they aren't out there or weren't made. But I am indicating you're going to have to look hard.

a retrofit may be a good solution, or a custom job.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...the dremel tool is your friend. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, crap. Guess I'll have to do some physical shopping on this for new stuff, and antique-ish hunting for something old school that you can plug a biggie in.

If I find something new I'll keep this posted.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file