Home U.S. Coin Forum

1963 quarters and their varieties... where can I find descriptions of what I should be looking for?N

joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
any help what im looking for and what it looks like?
may the fonz be with you...always...

Comments

• Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    PM Sent
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about type b reverse? what is that?
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • If you want to see what a 1963 type B looks like, try here:
    http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=755934

How's that for a fast answer?
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Ever consider a copy of the Cherrypickers Guide?

I see DDO's (FS-101, FS-102, FS-103) and DDR's (FS-801) along with Type B Reverse (FS-901).

For the 1963-D I see DDO (FS-101)

James Wiles page Variety Vista.com (CONECA Master Listing) shows 27 different DDO's for 1963 (Proof and UNC) and 7 different DDR's.

For the Denver coin, Variety Vista shows 12 different DDO's and 2 DDR coins.

Variety Vista offers descriptive text but no photographs. The CPG shows limited photographs.

My advice is to look at your coins through either a good loupe or stereo microscope. If you spot a double die, it'll be obvious.

If you poke around on Variety Vista, some varieties have photographs. such as the FS-101.

The FS-102 also has photo's.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...ditto on the CPG.
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file