Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS Regrade try with pictures - "Re-grades" posted

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
These coins were sent in for regrade in hopes of picking up at least a "+". The grades in the photos are the "before" grades. Anybody want to guess the new grade and comment therein?

As you can see, I'm a sucker for flash and color.

Result: same grade. Hoping for a + due to the color. The hits , especially on the reverse upper wing, preclude a higher grade IMHO.

Result: same grade. Hoping for a + due to the flashy lustre. The hit on the obverse field seem to be the grade limiting factor IMHO.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    MS63+
    MS63
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

WAG: The grades remained the same.
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WAG: The grades remained the same. >>

I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>WAG: The grades remained the same. >>

image >>

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MS63 &
    MS63.
  • FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭
    Both seem maxed out as-is
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
    Edited for lack of attention to detail. image

<< <i>No one is going to post coins that received the same grades... c'mon, take a risk and make a guess, the graders do! image >>

If something did upgrade, I'm guessing the $10 Indian went 62+.

Happy?

<< <i>

<< <i>No one is going to post coins that received the same grades... c'mon, take a risk and make a guess, the graders do! image >>

Happy?

image >>

Dag-nab-it... you captured my comments before I was able to edit them! image

<< <i>

<< <i>

Happy?

image >>

Dag-nab-it... you captured my comments before I was able to edit them! image >>

Not to derail the thread, but I can be bribed... image
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1911 goes up and the 07 goes down...

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my guess is no change at all... hope I'm wrong image
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    62+ and 63

-Paul
  • darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Both look very nice no matter what the grade. image
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The 1911 goes up and the 07 goes down...

WS >>

Inform yourself about the regrade process. Nothing goes down. I am not aware of what happens when a previously undetected serious problem is encountered. Might be that the buy-back guarantee now comes into play.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Grades posted.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file