Home Sports Talk
Options

The BIG retirement in the NFL

VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭
I can't believe Brooks Bollinger is hanging up the cleats!

Or did you think this was a Favre thread? image

Comments

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't Bollinger in line to get more reps if Favre does retire??
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Possibly Tony Gonzalez.
  • Options

<< <i>Possibly Tony Gonzalez. >>

During an interview on the team's official Web site Wednesday, Gonzalez said he will take part in a 14th season. "Now that I've had a chance to get away from the game a little bit ... I'm definitely going to be around for next year," he said.

Gonzalez needs just one reception for 1,000 in his career. He caught 83 balls this season for 867 yards and six touchdowns, which was his lowest output since 2002, but the QB had turf toe the early part of the season, and Gonzalez hurt his caft towards the end of the year. (Not that 867 yards for a tight end is bad....as it isn't...just not the normal 1050-1100 he usually produces.)

He is also under contract through the 2011 season, so unless he wants to give back money, he will be back.

In an almost related note, Gonzalez is one of the few sport players that also act as their own agent.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    That's all from last year. He has 1069 catches now.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    You are correct on that part of my comment. I did google and got confused as it happened to come up on the exact same week as the year before. I guess it does with any 14, now 15 year player.

I am sure it was a disappointing end of season.

I am still hoping he finishes his contract. Just started collecting him this last year...and haven't collected a current player in quite a while. image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.