Home U.S. Coin Forum

A general question about selling coins

Hello everyone

I have been blessed to be tutored and educated by my friend and B&M shop owner. I have learned some much in the last year and a half since I have met him. Recently, I bought several hundred Lincoln cents from him to practice grading. I have placed them in 2X2 and dated them and graded them with dates almost all before 1940. The grades very from good to some that are extra fine. My question is should I sell them on eBay or just not do anything with them. I know they are not special coins but they may help someone staring out fill some holes. So what say you

Cliff
RACC
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Nice boat... is that you in the sail?

How many and how much for the group... offer them on the BST.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They sure don't sell for much on Ebay but it is an excellent way to build up your
    feedback with inexpensive items. Little groupings might be a way to go. Or,
    perhaps all S mints in a group or P or D, etc.

However, don't expect much, keep the shipping super low or free. Don't forget
    a good pic or two would help greatly.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Know any kids who are into collecting? Would be a fun project. That's how I started. Lincoln cents in Whitman albums!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YNs . . certainly would be pumped to get them in any way.

I second it . . you in the sail of that boat? Inquiring minds want to know.

If nothing else, there are those who like your avatar and have a need to know.

Drunner
    USAFA '78
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>YNs . . certainly would be pumped to get them in any way.

I second it . . you in the sail of that boat? Inquiring minds want to know.

If nothing else, there are those who like your avatar and have a need to know.

Drunner
    USAFA '78 >>

A Zoomie asking about a sail of a boat... c'mon! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • That was my boat the USS Helena SSN 725. I was not in the sail. I was a sonar man and we did not find our way out of the blue room much.

RACC
    I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file