Home U.S. Coin Forum

Hobo nickels from the FUN show

I posted in a couple of threads that I had a hobo carved for me Sunday at the FUN. A few people said they wanted to see it so here it is. The skull hobo was done by Adam Leech in about 30 minutes Sunday morning. They other 2 on the bottom row I bought from carvers at the show, however they were in inventory and not a custom request.

The soilders I picked up locally a year ago and the hound dog came from Savoyspecial.

Gary

Comments

• Sweet!
    I saw a photo of Ron Landis at the show. Was he carving?
    Also, Joe Paonessa will be teaching a Hobo Nickel carving course at ANA Summer Seminar this year.
    And finally, were there any 2011 Original Hobo Nickel Society annual tokens available at the show?

• << <i>Sweet!
    I saw a photo of Ron Landis at the show. Was he carving?
    Also, Joe Paonessa will be teaching a Hobo Nickel carving course at ANA Summer Seminar this year.
    And finally, were there any 2011 Original Hobo Nickel Society annual tokens available at the show? >>

The only one present when I was there were, Adam Leech, Archie "Rollie" Taylor, and DW (cant remember his name) from California I believe.

I seem to recall Rollie saying he had a few hundred buffs, ready to make into tokens for the ANA SS.

Gary
  • Those are cool. How much does one run?

• << <i>Those are cool. How much does one run? >>

He charged me $20 for the skull. I can usually pick up the run of the mill ones for 20-50 bucks.

gary
  • Yeah I'd pay 20 for one. Cool set

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file