Home U.S. Coin Forum

Software or Apps for Coin prices

What is out there software wise for tracking coin prices or precious metals?

I just bought an iPad and have an iPhone and I've been kind of an app junkie for a while. There are some remarkably interesting and powerful applications out there I find myself using all the time.

I did however just back down from buying a Precious Metal app that shows spot prices. It's dirt cheap and I'm not a tightwad but I can get the same info by logging into Kitco or any of a dozen other websites for free. So at some point having a paid app is overkill.

Are there any coin price apps that I haven't heard of. Found one called Pocket Change Prospector but that isn't really the standard type price guide.

John
Coin Photos

Never view my other linked pages. They aren't coin related.

Comments

• I also just found out that PCGS has an app called PhotoGrade which is free. Downloading now to see. It was fairly buried and I kind of stumbled across it accidentally. Surprised I hadn't heard it mentioned here before.

John
    Coin Photos

• << <i>I also just found out that PCGS has an app called PhotoGrade which is free. Downloading now to see. It was fairly buried and I kind of stumbled across it accidentally. Surprised I hadn't heard it mentioned here before. >>

Hands down one of the best apps on my iPad...I agree, I haven't heard a bunch about the app here (but maybe I missed it), but this is an absolutely must have going to shows, B&Ms, etc.
  • I also wish there was a greysheet app, as simply downloading the pdf works okay, but I could use a searchable/user-friendly greysheet app.
  • This PhotoGrade sure takes a natural lifetime to download. Must be chock full o' pictures or something.

John
    Coin Photos

• Tons of pictures, but just wait until you get it. You will be able to zoom in on the most minute details. PCGS updates it too from time to time and adds more series.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This PhotoGrade sure takes a natural lifetime to download. Must be chock full o' pictures or something.

John >>

Well the old photograde book had about six photos per coin in difeerent grades IRC.
  • Got it downloaded. Looks pretty cool. Wonder if they are working on a Price Guide App? Now that would be cool.

John
    Coin Photos

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file