Home U.S. Coin Forum

Are people really buying these????

I ran across this auction on eBay Auction Link

To me they are clearly clad bars that the seller is trying to represent as real. The scary part of this is he has sold at least 10 of them so far under 2 different auctions. Am I missing something here?? Can this guy be reported on anything??

Comments

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. What can I say except that it sppecifically states that they are .999 fine CLAD bars. (Meaning plated)

Its certainly a rip but I don't know what you would report this under since he does state they are "clad".
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • mingotmingot Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow. What can I say except that it sppecifically states that they are .999 fine CLAD bars. (Meaning plated)

Its certainly a rip but I don't know what you would report this under since he does state they are "clad". >>

"Misleading title"

"5 1 troy oz gold bars .999 pure gold!"

• taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭
    Look at his payment terms. No PayPal - bank draft or money order for the total. One person bought all 5 lots. How comical if the buyer is a conman as well...
  • Reported...onto my personal list of people who suck.
    "spot on my UHR, nevermind, I wiped it off"
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks pretty deceptive to me.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow. What can I say except that it sppecifically states that they are .999 fine CLAD bars. (Meaning plated)

Its certainly a rip but I don't know what you would report this under since he does state they are "clad". >>

"Misleading title"

"5 1 troy oz gold bars .999 pure gold!" >>

Reported. Care to join me?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

• << <i>I ran across this auction on eBay Auction Link

To me they are clearly clad bars that the seller is trying to represent as real. The scary part of this is he has sold at least 10 of them so far under 2 different auctions. Am I missing something here?? Can this guy be reported on anything?? >>

He clearly stated in his item description these are clad bars. Is it his fault people can't read and understand what was stated?
  • mingotmingot Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He clearly stated in his item description these are clad bars. Is it his fault people can't read and understand what was stated? >>

sarcasm doesn't work very well over the internet. were you being sarcastic, or was that a serious question?
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭
    In case you want a couple, he has more!

The account was probably hacked. I bought three items in the last two months that never shipped due to 'unauthorized access of the account'. On the plus side, they didn't take my eBay bucks back...

• << <i>He clearly stated in his item description these are clad bars. Is it his fault people can't read and understand what was stated? >>

I agree that he stated that they are clad bars and I caught that when I read the description. However he is being deceptive in his title claiming that they are .999 pure gold. Clearly some people do not read the entire description as he sold some already. Yes it is their fault for not reading the description and hopefully they realized their mistake and didn't pay.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reported as a scammer.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Well it looks like all of your reporting did good. eBay has pulled the auction. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file