Home Sports Talk
Options

Colin Cowherd will probably call in sick today...

frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
... his mighty Patriots lost.

I can't stand that arrogant jerk.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if you listen to him much but he had been hyping Sanchez a lot BEFORE the game.

He praises/respects good teams (SEC football, Patriots, U$C) and he likes teams from the Pacific Northwest (his home as a youth) in my time listening to him.

It's funny how you find him arrogant. I don't see that. However, I am sure there are some other radio personalties I dislike who you think are great.

Makes the world go round and all that....
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the man crush, Brady love fest will continue for a little bit longer on his show! After all....Brady is the MVP, right??? Right??? image

• Options
    dantheman984dantheman984 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure if you listen to him much but he had been hyping Sanchez a lot BEFORE the game.

He praises/respects good teams (SEC football, Patriots, U$C) and he likes teams from the Pacific Northwest (his home as a youth) in my time listening to him.

It's funny how you find him arrogant. I don't see that. However, I am sure there are some other radio personalties I dislike who you think are great.

Makes the world go round and all that.... >>

I too, enjoy his show but a lot of my friends and family dislike him and think he is annoying. It is funny how everyone has different opinions. He does like Sanchez. He always brings him up on his show.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I like Cowherd.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I listen to Cowherd fairly often and I think he speaks the truth in most cases. If he did pick the Patriots, guess he was wrong.

I've heard Cowherd speak very highly of Sanchez on many occasions.

brian
  • Options

<< <i>Not sure if you listen to him much but he had been hyping Sanchez a lot BEFORE the game.

.. >>

He also thinks babe ruth was fat and overrated.
  • Options
    Most times I like Colin. Some times I don't. All times he is interesting. He just has one of those voices that makes listeners pay attention.

He talks more college football than I want. I personally don't care to hear about college students throwing around a football. Keep it pro.

Years ago, when Tony Kornheiser vacated his ESPN Radio morning time slot I thought the show couldn't get better. I was wrong. Colin filled the slot and is better.

There are times on the radio where it seems like he contradicts himself over the long-term. He can be awfully funny on the radio. However, on his TV show, SportsNation, I've seen him overreach. He tries so hard to be funny that he just ends up looking stupid.

Those whom dislike Colin would be happy to know that he went 0-4 on his NFL Playoff predictions one recent weekend. At least he makes bold predictions, sometimes right (Cincinnati Reds), sometimes wrong (Atlanta Falcons). To many, this brash confidence will always make him interesting and polarizing.

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I like Cowherd. I like that he assumes that his audience is smart enough to get analogies which a lot of sports radio hosts don't do. And I don't mind when he apparently contradicts himself either. The thing about Cowherd is that he admits that his job on the radio is to get ratings and he will say things just to get a listener's attention. You can't just say on the radio what all your listeners already think and expect people to keep tuning in.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy Collin for what he is entertainment. I do not think he actually believes the things he throws out there sometimes. He always makes bold statements that are only thrown out for shock value. He also flip flops a lot. I remember in the off season he was talking how Peyton Manning was a football savant and how he would want him as the QB on his football team because that was all he was good at, unlike Tony Romo who is a great all-around athlete. He threw out a little over a year ago that the Pac-10 was the best conference in college ball. He is bashing Aaron Rodgers because it is going against the mainstream media. He is doing the same thing with his Big Ben is better than Manning argument. His logic is skewed and he totally ignores facts, even when presented with them. For instance while Big Ben probably should have won the MVP for his performance in the last Super Bowl, he was a major liability in the first one he won. He was so bad it was painful to watch him. He is not a sports expert, he is just a personality that people either enjoy or hate, but he gets ratings so he will be around for a while.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options

<< <i>I enjoy Collin for what he is entertainment. I do not think he actually believes the things he throws out there sometimes. He always makes bold statements that are only thrown out for shock value. He also flip flops a lot. I remember in the off season he was talking how Peyton Manning was a football savant and how he would want him as the QB on his football team because that was all he was good at, unlike Tony Romo who is a great all-around athlete. He threw out a little over a year ago that the Pac-10 was the best conference in college ball. He is bashing Aaron Rodgers because it is going against the mainstream media. He is doing the same thing with his Big Ben is better than Manning argument. His logic is skewed and he totally ignores facts, even when presented with them. For instance while Big Ben probably should have won the MVP for his performance in the last Super Bowl, he was a major liability in the first one he won. He was so bad it was painful to watch him. He is not a sports expert, he is just a personality that people either enjoy or hate, but he gets ratings so he will be around for a while. >>

I agree with cowherd most of the time. While Ben didnt have good stats in the first super bowl, he still scored one of their 3 td's. And Ben was clearly the MVP in the 3 playoff games leading up to the super bowl. If he played in the type of offense that manning does, Ben would probably have 2-3 season mvp's.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I enjoy Collin for what he is entertainment. I do not think he actually believes the things he throws out there sometimes. He always makes bold statements that are only thrown out for shock value. He also flip flops a lot. I remember in the off season he was talking how Peyton Manning was a football savant and how he would want him as the QB on his football team because that was all he was good at, unlike Tony Romo who is a great all-around athlete. He threw out a little over a year ago that the Pac-10 was the best conference in college ball. He is bashing Aaron Rodgers because it is going against the mainstream media. He is doing the same thing with his Big Ben is better than Manning argument. His logic is skewed and he totally ignores facts, even when presented with them. For instance while Big Ben probably should have won the MVP for his performance in the last Super Bowl, he was a major liability in the first one he won. He was so bad it was painful to watch him. He is not a sports expert, he is just a personality that people either enjoy or hate, but he gets ratings so he will be around for a while. >>

I agree with cowherd most of the time. While Ben didnt have good stats in the first super bowl, he still scored one of their 3 td's. And Ben was clearly the MVP in the 3 playoff games leading up to the super bowl. If he played in the type of offense that manning does, Ben would probably have 2-3 season mvp's. >>

Maybe, I think what a lot of people do not realize about Manning is that I do not know how great some of his supporting cast would be without him. We assume that Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark and the rest are great because of their numbers. I think they are great because they play with Manning. Manning made Jacob Tamme a star, as well as Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon. They might not make a lot of teams practice squads. Ben has proved over the last 3 years to me that he belongs in the conversation of the greats of the era though. I never was a fan of his until he willed his team to win a couple of years ago.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies