Home Sports Talk
Options

If Jets win the super bowl will Sanchez be the biggest hero in new york since Namath?

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone will ever supplant Joe Willie and what he did to essentially legitimize an entire league in the process of winning that game, and Sanchez is not nearly as charismatic anyway, but he will be idolized for sure!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex Ryan will be a bigger hero than any of the players.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buddy Ryan will be a bigger hero - without him Rex would have never been born.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Buddy Ryan will be a bigger hero - without him Rex would have never been born. >>

And without Buddy, the Bears don't win that Super Bowl.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Buddy Ryan will be a bigger hero - without him Rex would have never been born. >>

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always nice to contemplate the "ifs"....but they aren't going to win the Superbowl. Sorry Jets fans! image
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Messier was a bigger hero in New York than Sanchez would be.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He will never replace Marv Throneberry.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    NY has already had bigger heroes since Namath.

Good for you.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Jets win the Superbowl with Sanchez throwing the winning TD and is named MVP, I wonder if he will.........
    ...................................... make a commercial wearing Pantyhose liek Joe Willy Namath did?
  • Options

<< <i>NY has already had bigger heroes since Namath. >>

Who has been more popular than namath was?
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    Who has been more popular than namath was?

Jeter
  • Options
    I think the OP means Jets football players..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Sanchez is decent/good in some games, but terrible in others. I've seen him have maybe two near-amazing games. I'm still baffled as to why some want to anoint him the second coming of this great QB or that one. I'm not saying that there isn't potential, but he's got ways to go IMO.
  • Options
    He has been near perfect in playoffs& that's what fans remember

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    The Jets defense is what will win them a Super Bowl. Sanchez did not even look good yesterday, he just does not look comfortable.
  • Options

<< <i>Who has been more popular than namath was?

Jeter >>

Nope. The NFL is the most popular sport in the U.S. MLB is not even in the top 3. Jeter is popular among yankees fans. Namath was bigger.
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    Nope. The NFL is the most popular sport in the U.S. MLB is not even in the top 3. Jeter is popular among yankees fans. Namath was bigger.

I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not. You do realize that NYC is a baseball town first and foremost right? The Yankees are IT in the state of NY. Btw, the Giants fanbase is larger than the Jets.
  • Options

<< <i>Nope. The NFL is the most popular sport in the U.S. MLB is not even in the top 3. Jeter is popular among yankees fans. Namath was bigger.

I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not. You do realize that NYC is a baseball town first and foremost right? The Yankees are IT in the state of NY. Btw, the Giants fanbase is larger than the Jets. >>

Totally disagree. Jets games in new york draw bigger tv ratings than yankees playoff games.
  • Options
    Baseball is big here in NYC, but football is even bigger, IMO, especially if the Jets or Giants reach the Super Bowl..

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>especially if the Jets or Giants reach the Super Bowl.. >>

the giants DID reach and win the super bowl all those years ago in 2008.

is eli manning little more than an afterthought these days? >>

Its been 3 years, however unfortunatly for eli he will always be known as Peytons little brother.

Its been over 40 years since the jets have won a championship. When they do, it will be a big deal.
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    The Jets , Nets and Mets are the red headed stepchildren to the Yankees, Knicks and Giants.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Reggie was pretty huge about 1977 and 1978.