Home U.S. Coin Forum

Why yes, I do own an untoned, non-PL Morgan... it's a CC, and a Doily, and Superb!

airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
I own three white Morgans. One is an 1898-O with 12+" mirrors and thick frost. One is an 1880-S with thick frost, nearly PL fields, and I suppose a hint of peripheral toning (but it's mostly white). And then this coin. When I was walking the Bay State show a few years ago, the hook was the doily holder, and the fact that it was priced at sheet. Carson City was a nice touch. And of course, so was the lovely, creamy skin. So yes, it's white, but it definitely hasn't been dipped.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK . . so Jeremy, I am confused.

Is the whole point of this post to make me jealous?? You got a cool CC, for sheet, in a DOILY, and . . . ???

OK . . . I AM jealous. When you are ready to sell . . .I am ready to unburden you!

Drunner
  • ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful coin. image What about it tells you it has definitely not been dipped?
  • PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    Well stuck, nice clean surfaces on the obverse, there is a lot to like even if there is no color on her! image
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy: Your Morgan has strong double clash marks on the reverse, and is very attractive! image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what was sheet back then?

Right now it is 225/245.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So what was sheet back then?

Right now it is 225/245. >>

I think $200. But who cares, Drunner's not getting it image

<< <i>What about it tells you it has definitely not been dipped? >>

There's a creamy skin that gets removed when you dip a coin. This piece has all the freshness needed to say it's original.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭
    I like it Jeremy.

Nothing wrong with an untoned, non-PL Morgan. image

I own a few of them myself.

Mike
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that Drunner already has plenty of Doileys. You should sell it to me instead.image
    Awww. . . Jeremy! Throw a guy a bone!

I'll admit (of course) to the original skin (bucks), the superb Doily holder (additional bucks), the airplanenut pedigree (of course huge additional bucks), and the Doily passion I have (megabucks).

Gee . . . just because I didn't drive one of those slow and lazy people movers you design is no reason to hold a Doily against me. Put HUD and a GAU-8 cannon in those 767s and I'll be willing to push one around.

OK . . . if you really will never sell, how about designing coach with 2" more legroom for me???

:-)

Drunner
    (Targeting Jeremy's Doily with a new generation AIM missile!!!)
    Bruce . .

Just like horsepower, money, or supermodels . . . . . . you can never have enough.

Drunner
    (Willing to outbid Bruce)
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So what was sheet back then?

Right now it is 225/245. >>

I think $200. But who cares, Drunner's not getting it image

<< <i>What about it tells you it has definitely not been dipped? >>

There's a creamy skin that gets removed when you dip a coin. This piece has all the freshness needed to say it's original. >>

LOL too funny!! Jeremy you crack me up! Drunner, I would sell it to you buddy but I am not partial to doily's, they aren't my thing. image
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    A "creamy skin"? image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭
    Jeremy, I rarely disagree with you. And, while that coin has a nice look to it, and the term is somewhat ambiguous, it is not one which I would refer to as "superb".

Sincerely,
    Mr. Mean
  • SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attractive looking coin Jeremy. image
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bruce . .

Just like horsepower, money, or supermodels . . . . . . you can never have enough.

Drunner
    (Willing to outbid Bruce) >>

Uh Oh, I think that if Jeremy was to sell it now he could easily get 1.5x PCGS guide, maybe even 2x guideimage

And who says buy the coin instead of the holderimage
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A "creamy skin"? image >>

"It puts the lotion on the skin" image
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    Nice...very nice. I think i've seen it before...no?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file