Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I have no idea why I'm sharing these pics - NON sports

I had been scanning in some cards tonight and kept coming across these pics...

Long ago and far away, this was the car of my dreams. I had ordered this car brand new, it had 3 miles on it when I picked it up. Did a lot of upgrades to the engine, Hooker headers, Edelbrock high-rise manifold, Accel wires and distributor, Holley 780 dual pump and the sweetest sounding cherry bomb mufflers. Once had this thing up to 146mph, before I realized that if I blew a tire or lost control I'd be total toast and there wouldn't be much of me to blot up.

Then that fatal morening came when a truck hit me. I'm luck to be here, the driver told me he was coming right for my door and swerved hard left at the last second. A horrible sound, I swear I can still hear the anti-freeze hissing to the ground as the engine was quickly choking to death.

Comments

• Options
    TmbrWolf22TmbrWolf22 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    ouch....sorry for your loss. Truly an american classic.
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Nice Vette. Sorry for your loss. I currently have a 2002 Z06 Corvette. Corvettes will always be an American icon.
  • Options
    pclpadspclpads Posts: 457 ✭✭
    You made a smart move, going from hot cars to hot cards. Cards can only be fatal if the wife finds out how much dinero you're spending.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    A good friend of mine had a 71 vet until his son did a number on it....looked similar to the damage you got. Last time I saw him the car was still sitting in his garage unfixed......