Home Sports Talk
Options

Patriots choke......AGAIN

JETS>>JETSJETSJETS!
Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.

Comments

• Options
    Wins over Manning and Brady on the road in consecutive weeks. Impressive.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Impressive!
  • Options
    too funny. The Patriots had all the film for the 3 'super bowls;. Yes they won them. But wouldn't any team that knew all plays. Cheating loser people !
    It would s*ck to have to be Pats fan. Knowing their own team cheated on what they thought was real, and then fail bad,, against the JETS in attempt to prove themselves. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Patriots ??? thank golly you don't actually rerpresent America !
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pat playoff wins since they were caught cheating and videotaping teams practicing: 2 (no titles)

Jets playoff wins last two seasons: 4

'Nuff said, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!

i don't know if they choked today, they did get out played
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    The Jets D came up big against the Pats offense.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I think Brady is 4-5 in his last nine playoff games...unbelievable stat.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think Brady is 4-5 in his last nine playoff games...unbelievable stat. >>

well if that is true then Bart Starr is rising back to the top of the all time highest winning % for QB's at 9-1.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    dantheman984dantheman984 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Bart Starr IS awesome!!!!!image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think Brady is 4-5 in his last nine playoff games...unbelievable stat. >>

well if that is true then Bart Starr is rising back to the top of the all time highest winning % for QB's at 9-1. >>

Kind of odd...I thought football was 11 men on defense, 11 men on offense...and special teams. Wait, it is!

Funny that Brady was like 8-0 or something to start out his playoff career....maybe he should have retired and been viewed as some super natural playoff player image

Super Bowls measure teams, not individuals....and it also measures good fortune or playing hot at the right time. It does NOT discern which player is better. Yeah, I know, I will get beat up for saying that because America has bought into the hype machinery at work.

Fact is, none of those QB's win a SB with a team that is below average in all other aspects. Until that occurs, THEN you can boast about a QB 'winning' a Super Bowl.
    Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

well if that is true then Bart Starr is rising back to the top of the all time highest winning % for QB's at 9-1. >>

Kind of odd...I thought football was 11 men on defense, 11 men on offense...and special teams. Wait, it is!

Funny that Brady was like 8-0 or something to start out his playoff career....maybe he should have retired and been viewed as some super natural playoff player image

Super Bowls measure teams, not individuals....and it also measures good fortune or playing hot at the right time. It does NOT discern which player is better. Yeah, I know, I will get beat up for saying that because America has bought into the hype machinery at work.

Fact is, none of those QB's win a SB with a team that is below average in all other aspects. Until that occurs, THEN you can boast about a QB 'winning' a Super Bowl. >>

Reality is the QB gets most of the credit because he is considered the team leader. Thats why the QB makes the big bucks. Just the way it is.
  • Options
    Agreed, in football especially, the QB is always going to get the lion's share of the credit when his team is winning and most of the blame when his team is losing. Is it fair? No, but when a team is struggling, the fans don't chant for the backup wide receiver of offensive guard to come off the bench...they want the backup QB..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>. Is it fair? No, but when a team is struggling, the fans don't chant for the backup wide receiver of offensive guard to come off the bench...they want the backup QB.. >>

Good point.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to hear Jerry's take on this.

Jerry?

Jerry?

Good for you.
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Wow, what a spanking. A true spanking of the Patriots. Through and through. No question at all.
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>Wow, what a spanking. A true spanking of the Patriots. Through and through. No question at all. >>

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patriots did not choke. Brady was a little off, but they got beat by better defense and better coaching that day.

Congrats to the Jets. Now please beat that hideous Rapelsburger. Would be nice to see Jason Taylor and LT win a Super Bowl.
  • Options

<< <i>Agreed, in football especially, the QB is always going to get the lion's share of the credit when his team is winning and most of the blame when his team is losing. Is it fair? No, but when a team is struggling, the fans don't chant for the backup wide receiver of offensive guard to come off the bench...they want the backup QB.. >>

I certainly understand this, and it looks like several posters do. But it is baffling when the same people then interject SB win as a criteria to judge the ability of the player. When using the SB win as a criteria, all it does is introduce a million errors into your analysis and conclusion.

It is falling prey to the hype machine of building/destroying heroes that are created to make it more appealing to the basic need for the hero/goat in a drama.

Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Fact is, none of those QB's win a SB with a team that is below average in all other aspects. Until that occurs, THEN you can boast about a QB 'winning' a Super Bowl. >>

Well said, thats why the whole who's better Brady or Manning arguments doesn't work. Everyone compares rings and says Brady is better because of that. If they were to switch teams would they have the same # of titles? Of course we'll never know, but I think Manning might have more and Brady would have less.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Well, Trent Dilfer sucked as a QB also and he won a Super Bowl, so there may be hope for Sanchez.

<< <i>Patriots did not choke. Brady was a little off, but they got beat by better defense and better coaching that day. Congrats to the Jets. Now please beat that hideous Rapelsburger. Would be nice to see Jason Taylor and LT win a Super Bowl. >>

Well, better defense certainly, and it seemed like the Jets wanted it more. But no way do I want that whiny crybaby Ladainian (not calling him LT, that's reserved for the real LT) winning anything.

And the antics of the Jets after the game just showed the difference in class between the two organizations. Act like you've been there before...oh that's right, you haven't. Never mind then.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Patriots have failed to show up for three straight playoff games: the Superbowl loss to the Giants, the loss to the Ravens, and the loss to the Jets. Bill Belichick is proving to be the greatest regular season coach in the last four years. He has turned in some real head-scratchers when one considers plays called, plays not called, and the overall approach to the game.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Agreed, in football especially, the QB is always going to get the lion's share of the credit when his team is winning and most of the blame when his team is losing. Is it fair? No, but when a team is struggling, the fans don't chant for the backup wide receiver of offensive guard to come off the bench...they want the backup QB.. >>

Exactly. Aaron Rodgers took a lot of crap last year when the Packers were beaten in the playoffs by Arizona. Never mind that he led his team to 45 points, was 28-42 for 423 yds and 4 TDs, and had a 121.4 rating. The loss was somehow his fault.

New England got outcoached yesterday. Rex Ryan is a moron but he outperformed Belichick yesterday, no question about it.

Tabe
  • Options
    And the antics of the Jets after the game just showed the difference in class between the two organizations. Act like you've been there before...oh that's right, you haven't. Never mind then.

I have no problems with the on field celebration after winning a game in which no one gave them a chance...and talk about whining, Deioin Branch should have used some if that emotion to catch a pass or two during the game instead of whining to the press. Sour grapes is all it is..

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>And the antics of the Jets after the game just showed the difference in class between the two organizations. Act like you've been there before...oh that's right, you haven't. Never mind then.

I have no problems with the on field celebration after winning a game in which no one gave them a chance...and talk about whining, Deioin Branch should have used some if that emotion to catch a pass or two during the game instead of whining to the press. Sour grapes is all it is.. >>

I don't disagree with Branch not showing up yesterday, or the fact that Belichick got outcoached. It drove me nuts to watch the lack of urgency the Pats showed through most of the game, and there was no need to try that fake punt so early in the game. But giving credit where it is due, Shawn Ellis had a great game for the Jets. It seemed like he was in the backfield every other play.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And the antics of the Jets after the game just showed the difference in class between the two organizations. Act like you've been there before...oh that's right, you haven't. Never mind then.

I have no problems with the on field celebration after winning a game in which no one gave them a chance...and talk about whining, Deioin Branch should have used some if that emotion to catch a pass or two during the game instead of whining to the press. Sour grapes is all it is.. >>

Every team celebrates and taunt when they win. It is what it is and if you do not want to see it , then beat the other team.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>too funny. The Patriots had all the film for the 3 'super bowls;. Yes they won them. But wouldn't any team that knew all plays. Cheating loser people !
    It would s*ck to have to be Pats fan. Knowing their own team cheated on what they thought was real, and then fail bad,, against the JETS in attempt to prove themselves. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Patriots ??? thank golly you don't actually rerpresent America ! >>

image Congratulations on being the author of one of the most stupid posts ever written in the 6+ years ive been here!