Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone heard from board member Proofcents lately??

Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
Trying to complete a BST transaction with him. I've pm'd him a couple times but haven't heard back and haven't seen him around the forums.

Comments

• loro1rojoloro1rojo Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    Last week there was a thread on the BST board about some forum members complaining about him not paying, or not paying in time (BST transactions). I'm sure you can find the thread if you do a quick search.
    -Gabe
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    sometimes things happen, and I can give ya about 13 reasons why anything I did past few days went unanswerd,
    however I had none, so Im good. However I learned the past few weeks things can go from zero to sixty
    in a matter of seconds-dont hang anyone before ya know what happened image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not trying to hang anyone. He bought a coin from me on the bst. I did get paid but he never gave me his address via a pm or included it with payment and the return address was washed out on the envelope. Tried via pm to contact twice since dec 30th and haven't heard back.
  • Think he was banned for many unsavory member un-fullfilled transactions. Or he is doing what he does best, nothing. There were several complaints about him taking money and not shipping or something like that.
  • So, you can send a PM to a banned member and it doesn't reply that your message was undeliverable?

(Good on you Rob to be trying to contact him...)
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the member is in fact banned, you may be able to ascertain the former members email address that was used to register here, by explaining the situation to a moderator.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• seanqseanq Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does look like he was banned, he had a well-established history of slow communication and payment but I don't recall seeing any threads where he blew up and got himself tossed from the forums.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a member who just sent him a package and can get the address for you.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So, you can send a PM to a banned member and it doesn't reply that your message was undeliverable?

(Good on you Rob to be trying to contact him...) >>

I believe that is correct - that the sender of a PM to a banned member does not get notification of non delivery. And, in fact, that the PM ends up in the banned member's in box, but obviously, that he/she can't access it.
  • mustanggtmustanggt Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He bought a coin from me last week. Sent a money order right away. I didn't get any responses to my PM's maybe this is why. Mailed the coin to the return address on the envelope.
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just PM'd his shipping address info.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Just to add my $.02, I had a transaction with him about a month ago. He paid with a MO. I couldn't read his last name so I messaged him asking for it. Still (3 weeks?) later haven't heard back but the MO deposited without problems and I sent the coins along. So no issues here, maybe he just doesn't get on the computer much.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file