Home U.S. Coin Forum

Survey -- 7/8TF VAMs in GSA dollars

LewLew Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
Survey -- 7/8 TF VAMs in GSA soft packs and hard packs

I would like to take a survey from the Coin Forum members about the 1878-P 7/8 TF VAMs that are known in the GSA soft packs and hard packs.

I suspect there aren’t very many of you that really are interested in GSA dollars but if a few of you respond that will be great.

Over the years I have seen over a dozen or so 7/8 TF in the soft packs – all were VAM-37 except for the one VAM-41A. I currently have a VAM-37 and VAM-41A in the GSA soft pack

Also I have seen three 1878-P 7/8TF in the GSA hard packs – two VAM-37 and one VAM-41A.

So if you have (or know about) any 7/8TF dollars in the GSA hard packs and/or soft packs please check and let me know.

Comments

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too did a search back in 2008/9 for any other VAM 78's. Just those two are the
    only known. I would like to see any other VAM but doubt that it exists!

Now, someone, prove me wrong!!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I too did a search back in 2008/9 for any other VAM 78's. Just those two are the

bobimage >>

To date, the most valuable Morgan Dollar Vam in a GSA package (soft) is an 1878 8TF VAM 14.11, graded ATS. It is on the market, and it is not priced for neophyte collectors. What did I win Bob?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Avid collector of GSA's.

<< <i>

<< <i>I too did a search back in 2008/9 for any other VAM 78's. Just those two are the

bobimage >>

To date, the most valuable Morgan Dollar Vam in a GSA package (soft) is an 1878 8TF VAM 14.11, graded ATS. It is on the market, and it is not priced for neophyte collectors. What did I win Bob? >>

Well, I do believe the topic was 7/8 tail feathers not 8TF! Keep looking!
    bobimage
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Ooopsimage this is why I'm not a vammer!image
    Avid collector of GSA's.

<< <i>Ooopsimage this is why I'm not a vammer!image >>

That's okay, don't be upset! You'll be a Vammer someday!!

bob
  • According to the NGC population reports, there are 3 VAM 37’s (2 MS61 and 1 MS62) and 2 VAM 41A’s (1 MS60 and 1 MS62) for 1878-P 7/8TF graded in the GSA soft pack. There is also one 78-P 7/8TF that is not identified with a VAM. The owner of that one may have not asked for the VAM identification, or it wasn’t a VAM. Not sure which. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file