Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone Going to the Tucson Coin Show - January 21-22, 2011?

ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
I will be setting up at this show, as usual - it's a really good show, about 125 tables, 60-70 dealers. Anyone else going?

Tucson International Coin Show
Tucson Convention Center
260 S. Church Avenue (Copper Ballroom)
10am-6pm Sat & Sun

For more info, contact:
Tony Tumonis
POB 89792
Tucson, Arizona 85752

Phone: 520-744-9856
Lith57@aol.com
Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there!
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    No, and neither does the public.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be at the Mesa C.C. annual show the following weekend. Any one else?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably go. If you see a somewhat younger guy asking for errors....that's me.
  • Options
    On Saturday you will witness a numismatic event which will likely be written about for years to come in the history of numismatics. The new numismatic firm of "Kenny and Mike's coins" will be exhibiting at their first show. Kenny Snow(13) and Mike Snow (12) have been busy preparing their inventory for the coin buying public. They expect a quick sell-out, so make sure you get to their booth early. They will not be setting up on Friday due to prior commitments (school).
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>On Saturday you will witness a numismatic event which will likely be written about for years to come in the history of numismatics. The new numismatic firm of "Kenny and Mike's coins" will be exhibiting at their first show. Kenny Snow(13) and Mike Snow (12) have been busy preparing their inventory for the coin buying public. They expect a quick sell-out, so make sure you get to their booth early. They will not be setting up on Friday due to prior commitments (school). >>

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>On Saturday you will witness a numismatic event which will likely be written about for years to come in the history of numismatics. The new numismatic firm of "Kenny and Mike's coins" will be exhibiting at their first show. Kenny Snow(13) and Mike Snow (12) have been busy preparing their inventory for the coin buying public. They expect a quick sell-out, so make sure you get to their booth early. They will not be setting up on Friday due to prior commitments (school). >>

If I pay $900 to fly to Tucson, can I buy enough coins from your children to pay for my trip? image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    Rick, I hope Kenny and Mike don't sell out before I get a chance to peruse their pennies! Perhaps on dealer set up day, we'll have to do some wheeling and dealing!
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Rick, I hope Kenny and Mike don't sell out before I get a chance to peruse their pennies! Perhaps on dealer set up day, we'll have to do some wheeling and dealing! >>

Hey, hey, hey... collectors first (or collectors that act the same age as Rick's sons first, e.g., ME)! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    Their inventory will be a secret until they arrive on Saturday.

Mike wants to use the proceeds to fill out his Lincoln set, so, he'll be by to shop at Charmy's table.

Their coins come from Dad, but they have to pay me the cost after they sell. I helped them grade and price the coins. Their profit will be used for their own coin purchases for resell of for their private collection or to be put into their savings account.
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

I certainly hope to meet those young brothers someday.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    It will break 80 deg. tomorrow. Although by the time the show comes around, it'll be 66.
  • Options
    I'll have my cute young niece (24) helping me at this show (the boys both have full time jobs now) - this will be her very first coin show, so I hope she doesn't get too bored! image
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad if I had known about it sooner I could have changed some things around and driven down from Phx.
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    3 shows!

Tucson on 21-22
    Scottsdale on 23
    Mesa on 29-30

Ed
  • Options
    Bump, leaving on Thursday morning - looking forward to seeing some of you there (except Wei!) image
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Considering how this show is almost held on the heels of the Tucson gun show and almost concurrently with the Tucson Jewelry Show (one of the largest jewelry shows in the world) it surprises me how few people attend this coin show. The show promoter needs to find a way to siphon or redirect some of the people in town for those other shows to make a sidetrip to the coin show.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll have my cute young niece (24) helping me at this show (the boys both have full time jobs now) - this will be her very first coin show, so I hope she doesn't get too bored! image >>

Will she be making any Long Beach shows? Hehehe image
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper Ballroom?

I love it.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'll have my cute young niece (24) helping me at this show (the boys both have full time jobs now) - this will be her very first coin show, so I hope she doesn't get too bored! image >>

Will she be making any Long Beach shows? Hehehe image >>

Ha! Sorry, no, she is starting a full time job the end of January, so this will most likely be her one and only coin show!

And Swampboy, I personally think that is a very fitting name for a coin show room!
  • Options
    One last bump, and we're on our way!!!
  • Options
    Have a safe drive. The roads are treacherous with all that sunshine glare and 70-degree weather.
  • Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too will make an arduous journey to the show---30 min across town. In search of coppers, of course.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file