Home U.S. Coin Forum

ANA Summer Seminar Adult Financial Aid

Could someone PM me (please no public comments) if they have attended in the last year or two to tell me what the maximum amount is?

Thanks,

Greg

Comments

• CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of neat summer seminar classes listed in the January Numismatist. Great opportunity for anyone that can manage it.
  • I didn't know they had financial aid.
    The Hobo Nickel carving course by Joe Paonessa sounds like a winner!
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Could someone PM me (please no public comments) if they have attended in the last year or two to tell me what the maximum amount is?

Thanks,

Greg >>

Greg-

Just ask the ANA education staff; they should share the information with you and help you with the process. I know when I was on staff we provided a small amount of financial aid to adults, but not that much. It depended on need AND how the adult would use the knowledge and experience once they returned home. Please understand that, under the direction of the membership (though the ANA Board) the emphasis is placed on financial aid (e.g. scholarships) for YNs and not adults.

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Hmm, the ANA can offer financial aid for adults, but can't even host interns
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hmm, the ANA can offer financial aid for adults, but can't even host interns >>

I was on staff a few years ago. I have no idea if there is any financial aid currently available. However, understand that some of that financial comes from third-party sources, such as clubs. That is why it is better to refer to the aid as a scholarship.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another way to get "financial aid" is to be a teacher rather than a student. And I see no reason why you couldn't be a teacher by day and take mini-seminars at night as a student.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file