Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

FSH (10) lbs Bulk World Coins $65 ppd **SOLD*

Ten pounds of World coins that have been unsearched by me. Image is of the actual bulk lot. Will sell for $65 ppd insurance extra if desired. Shipping to US only. Item shipped via Priority Mail.

Money order, check, cash, or no-fee PayPal only. **SOLD**

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Testimonial- as a past buyer of many, many bulk lots from ajaan, I've gotta say- they're better than your average mix.

Now, I dunno about this particular lot, but past lots I've gotten from him have included coins from the 1800s (and even some slick, worn 1700s occasionally), and the odd small piece of silver or two. And plenty of pre-WW2 material, even the bigger coins like British large pennies or Australian kangaroo pennies. His old source (now deceased, may he RIP) was awesome.

Again, I don't know about this particular mixture, but $6.50/lb isn't such a bad price- I've paid more than that to other sellers before and gotten nothing but modern coins. If there are even a few oldies in here, that's a pretty good deal. Especially since shipping is included.

I used to grab up almost every ajaan bulk lot offered. Eventually, though, I had about a 60-lb backlog of stuff I hadn't sorted. Now, years later, I'm still not through it all. That's the only reason I'm not buying this lot- I've still got a pile of unsorted stuff lying around. (Besides the fact that I don't find the time for sorting bulk world coins like I used to- nor is my eyesight what it used to be.)

If you've got the time and patience for sorting this sort of stuff, it can be like treasure hunting sometimes. No, I don't recall ever getting any $500 cherrypicks out of one of Don's lots- but there were plenty of times I paid less than ten cents in bulk for coins worth ten bucks apiece.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.