Home U.S. Coin Forum

I think I may be suffering from a bit of Ricko-itis!!

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
With some of the more recent debate about toned coins, coin doctors and AT/NT I have re-evaluated my thinking. Not that I'll turn my back on toned coins, that just won't happen. The thing is that I believe I have become so enraptured by color that I temporarily forgot about the beauty that brilliant cartwheel luster can have. Perhaps it is a wise thing to re-focus and concentrate on white when it seems right. The only fly in the ointment is that now I'll have to worry about that "dipped" look and its telltale signs.

Got Brilliant anyone??!!?? Oh yeah, apologies to Rick.image

Al H.

Comments

• Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear! image

I think that's one sweet coin, it would have a great home in my Dansco 7070 counterstamped type set.
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dipping is always an issue with "old" coins, and even some newer ones from time to time. I'm not sure if this toning frenzy will ever go away as it does add character to "some" coins, the beauty can not be denied. But a lot of the time white coins are so beautiful with the original mint luster that I will snatch them up and try my best to preserve this beauty.

I would just like to add....Where oh where are all of Ricko's white coins? I have yet to see one image, what's up with that?
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

Here's a real pretty ms-66 I picked up a while back. Ya gotta put on your sun glasses to look at this lustrous beauty...
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Toning (rust) will run its course and true white brilliance will be restored as the color of choice.
    NOT PROOF
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While no known cure for this affliction exists, relief is possible.
    Dip two half dimes, rinse, swallow, and call me in the morning.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file