Home U.S. Coin Forum

Feeling a little guilty - My ex lincolns are about to be ruined

tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
My wife has been selling some of my extras on ebay for me. I was checking out the auctions this morning and noticed one buyer bidding on a number of them. I thought great and decided to check their feedback. He was also a seller .... hmm ..... lets see what he is selling. Lincolns ... that makes sense but they are all cleaned and over graded. Wait a second! They are all reprocessed XFs made to look Unc. My lincolns are doomed!

Comments

• notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    there would be nothing wrong with cancelling his bids and blocking him. --Jerry
  • BXBOY143BXBOY143 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭

<< <i>there would be nothing wrong with cancelling his bids and blocking him. --Jerry >>

• SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    why not out him so we can all block this person. image
  • tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Too late to cancel as most of them ended this morning already. But that is a good idea to block for the future. The reprocessing job is very apparent and I am surprised people bid on the stuff.
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a shame... Yet does your auction list post purchase terms which need to be upheld by the text custodian image

If someone paid you full asking price on one of your classic automobiles but was going to use it in a demolition derby I'm sure it would also be bothersome image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    If you're willing to sell them for cash for whatever reason...that's the risk one takes. If you want the coin(s) to get a good home, sell them to someone you know has an interest in them and will appreciate them. not on eBay of all places image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
    Good points broadstruck

Anyone interested in a Caddy? I bet she would do well in a demolition derby. All steel
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After he leaves feedback, you could leave feedback complementing him on the job he does reprocessing his coins.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    How much is the Cadillac? Very nice 2 door!----------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good points broadstruck

Anyone interested in a Caddy? I bet she would do well in a demolition derby. All steel
    image >>

Is it a 48?
  • WOW! tydye is that yours too?!!!!!!
    Yup she is mine. She is a 1941 survivor (only the rear quarters have been repainted). Flat head 8, cashmere interior. Can I get a CAC sticker for her?

It will cost you a roll of AGEs (no carbon spots though image )

• ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yup she is mine. She is a 1941 survivor (only the rear quarters have been repainted). Flat head 8, cashmere interior. Can I get a CAC sticker for her?

It will cost you a roll of AGEs (no carbon spots though image ) >>

WOW!image Nice!
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    But wait! I can get a brand new top-of-the line Hyundai for that-------BigE

image------BigEimage
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yup she is mine. She is a 1941 survivor (only the rear quarters have been repainted). Flat head 8, cashmere interior. Can I get a CAC sticker for her?

It will cost you a roll of AGEs (no carbon spots though image ) >>

wow.

a roll of 1/10th ounce for that?

sold!
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why the guilt?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg- What a car

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file