Home U.S. Coin Forum

Agonizing WAIT on a coin buy

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
What a cluster ****.

OK, Jan 1, cruising the internet I see a quite rare Feuchtwanger cent, variety 1A listed on a dealers site. Not having quite enough in the paypal, I hit the buy button and said Check/Money order. Next biz day, monday Jan 3, I get sufficent funds in the acct. to cover, and call them at 9 30 the morning, give the lady my CC info, address etc etc....

I asked her PLEASE send it out that day since I had a coin club meeting on wednesday and really wanted to take it in. SURE, she says.

Yeah.

Come wednesday, no coin. Then a weekend, a snowstorm..

Then, another weekend, and more snow.

Then, the wait begins. Finally, on Jan. 10, comes an email "your package has shipped". with a trak number

OK. getting closer. Finally, last thursday...I was seriously expecting it from the trak info.

4 45 PM, my mailman should have been here. Check the scan. DELIVERED??? 1 30 PM? HUH?

Not to me, it wasnt delivered.

So, off to the post office. Postmaster tells me "Oh we had a temp carrier on today, she must have mis delivered it"

S***.

Now, Im in a 4 tenent building. Ask 2 of the other people there...No package.

Postmaster goes out and walks street, asks at all the houses on the block. no package.

Friday morning, other tenant arrives.....I go and ask "Yeah, I have it'.

OK. Wow, Finally.....OPEN THE PACKAGE>>>

and they sent the WrOnG coin. Oh its a Feuchtwanger allright, a common as dirt 5G. (they had both listed on the website, though they did not use the common designations)

ON the phone.

They admit their mistake. I think they casually wonder why Im so upset when they have sent me a "more valuable' coin (cost a little more)....

Sort of angry by this time....they tell me O we cannot send out the right on Until we have the other one back.

Getting a little more miffed now......I really press the issue and they agree to send the other one out right away.

Go to Post office. pack up wrong coin, get deliv. conf and actually have a patron there take a pic of me POSTING the thing off....and send them an email with the photo and trak number...to set them at ease that the item is being returned.

Yesterday, get email with trak number of CORRECTED shipment.

Now, we have a weekend in the way again, and the MLK holiday.

So, this is seventeen days for the deal.................................. (and its not here yet and they BETTER have the right one this time!!)

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not like you won't buy the coin if they don't get it right, that's the downside to collecting by variety/die marriage, isn't it?
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Who's the dealer... I'm a little understressed at present and need a fix! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just the wait. Im waiting on THIS piece, and images of it...to really get my website under construction.

tough to start when youre missing "1A" image
    I dont think given the rules of this forum I can release the dealers name.
  • erwindocerwindoc Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you wont be buying from them again!
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Sounds like you wont be buying from them again! >>

Unless they have the 1A(a)2(c) variety for sale! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
    Actually, I LIKE a dealer who dosent know the scarcity of the varieties here. Got a rather good deal.

sort of like seeing "Old Wheat Penny" for sale cheap and seeing its a 14 D
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anticipation is the fun part. I know what I buy and what I expect to get when I hit the
    buy button. However, I cannot help but increase it's grade and condition during the
    shipping time. I get so excited and then soooo bummed when it's just what I ordered.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like an indifferent businessman to me.

Maybe a nice coin, unique and obtained at a great price, but don't you feel the seller has little respect for his customers?

This is poor customer service. And it seems poor communication, too... probably good thing for the seller this didn't take place on Ebay, huh?
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file