Home U.S. Coin Forum

Considerations in considering a purchase or a sale, especially from a Forum Member.

BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
1. A moral imperative to arrive at a mutually satisfying transaction.

2. If their are to be any restrictions on the transaction, they should be clearly
spelled out in advance.

3.As difficult as it may be at times, one must try to eliminate personal animosity from
what is a basically business transaction.

4. In dealing with a fellow forum member,there is the implied satisfaction guaranteed
even if not stated. This is a grave mistake and probably happens on a regular basis.

5. It is possible and probable that the decent and honorable people get into a dispute when
one or both get their hackles raised in a transaction over generally trivial differences. I one had a transaction where
I purchased a coins and while it met the description of the sale, it just did not fit into my collection. The dealer
offered to lower the price but I was not seeking a cheaper price only a chance to return the coin. In counter, I
offered the seller a 10% restocking fee and as a good faith move sent a positive feed back first.The matter was
resolved and life moved on.

6. While difficult, one must try to put them selves in the others shoes and attempt to come up with a solution, while not perfect,
that resolves the matter in a livable manner.

7. A number of issues can be raised in a dispute between two parties. Legal, moral, personality and machismo. I always recommend to keep
the testosterone levels low and the mind, fully operationally and open.

8. Remember, If specific transaction criteria are not specifically listed or discussed and agreed to, then the do not exist.
There once was a place called
Camelotimage

Comments

• ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff Bear...this one should be stickied to the top of the BST...with listings required/encouraged to say "Subject to Bear's terms and conditions." or "Exempted from Bear's terms and conditions."
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If shipping/handling is extra it should be clearly stated in the listing. I hate agreeing to buy a coin at the stated price only then to find out that it didn't include the $5 for shipping.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    "If shipping/handling is extra it should be clearly stated in the listing. I hate agreeing to buy a coin at the stated price only then to find out that it didn't include the $5 for shipping."

I agree 100% i hate working out a price on a coin then after what i thought was a done deal they send that pm, okay your total is now xxx dollars including this much in shippiing/insurance.
  • chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    thats why my offerings always say.....delivered.....
  • AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    While we can cover 95% of all likely outcomes, and should to the best of our ability have terms that cover those, there is that 5% that you just can not anticipate. In those circumstances, I would add that the golden rule applies. Treat others as you'd have them treat you. How would you deal with the situation if you were dealing with a friend?

Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file