Home U.S. Coin Forum

Something new on the Stamp Front....

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have no clue how this relates to coins.....but, the new Postmaster General is making some changes. Among other things, commem stamps will be treated differently. I dont know if this will increase, or decrease the number of issues, but it is interesting. Especially how coin collectors blame oveproduction of commem stamps killing the hobby.

• Confirmed that all future commemorative stamps will be forever stamps, meaning they remain valid for first-class postage regardless of future rate increases. People shouldn't have to come in and stand in line for 2-cent stamps to cover price increases, he said: "The aggravation is just not worth it."

Comments

• << <i>People shouldn't have to come in and stand in line for 2-cent stamps to cover price increases, he said: "The aggravation is just not worth it." >>

That, and the fact that a lot of them will get ruined or lost or something, and never get used to mail a letter. But the post office will still have your money. image

edited to add... kind of a shame they don't seem worry that much about the value of the dollar bills we're obliged to use to buy those stamps.
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not smart to sell those two cent stamps at least from the stand point of getting them from the counter attendant. The attendant would have to sell you 50 of those two cent stamps in less than one minute to keep the post office from losing money.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have no clue how this relates to coins..... >>

Then you need to creatively rephrase the thread title.

Kinda like on Jeopardy where you have to answer in the form of a question.

You could have posted "No More Pennies at the Post Office" or something like that instead.
  • People will load up now with the intent of avoiding future price increases, the USPS gets immediate, much needed revenue and cash flow.
    Pay the Piper later, when no one needs to buy stamps.
    Maybe they plan on demonetizing them at a future date.

Rather than silver and gold, I used to collect these money pits.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file