Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Should I risk buying a card located in Venezuela?

The card is pretty rare and relatively cheap. My concern is buying from a seller in Venezuela (as in Hugo Chavez land)...feedback is 99.6%. The whole deal is less than $20.

Should I just pull the pin and get the card or pass?

Comments

• Options
    tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭
    I have bought from him in the past and the item ships quickly and out of Miami usually.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    I bought a Hugo Chavez doll from a seller in Venezuela and everything went fineimage
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    I'm five for five with this guy. Takes a bit longer, but has always arrived.
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I bought a Hugo Chavez doll from a seller in Venezuela and everything went fineimage >>

Wait until it takes over your house "for your own good."
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    ...Thought we would all have learned by now not to believe everything we see and hear on television and the internet.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    We are talking about 20.00 here. I'd go for it regardless of the countries politics.

Good for you.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    In the words of the great Rocky Balboa...."GO FOR IT"
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    Ive bought many cards from So. America. with no problems.

The last group I bought was about 8-10 of the rare 1931/32 N561 Bigott cards.

Only thing to remember is it may take up to 40 days for shipping.

• Options
    PayPal's got you covered
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    My one worry on Venezuelan sellers is they may not have the standards for card shipping that we expect. I had one seller tape a card ('62 Topps Venezuelan common) to protective cardboard. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My one worry on Venezuelan sellers is they may not have the standards for card shipping that we expect. I had one seller tape a card ('62 Topps Venezuelan common) to protective cardboard. image

Nick >>

I agree.

What was the point of the cardboard for protection if you are going to put tape on the card???

Unbelieveable...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)