Home U.S. Coin Forum

for those that haven't seen them, here are pics of 2011 ATB quarters and NA dollars

tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭
"government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Comments

• tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...no one interested image i guess i shouldn't be too surprised. image the mint is making a lot of products

without much appeal.
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Not so bad, actually. They did choose the worst design for the dollar though. There were some very good ones they passed up for this bit of pablum.
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    I really like the quarters this year!!

-Paul

<< <i>Not so bad, actually. They did choose the worst design for the dollar though. There were some very good ones they passed up for this bit of pablum. >>

...i agree. they passed up some very nice designs and settled on 'the pipe' image
  • I like the quarter designs for once. The Sac is blah though. I'm still bitter over the date being on the edge. Annoying.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Not so bad, actually. They did choose the worst design for the dollar though. There were some very good ones they passed up for this bit of pablum. >>

...i agree. they passed up some very nice designs and settled on 'the pipe' image >>

what were they smoking?!?!
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>

<< <i>

...i agree. they passed up some very nice designs and settled on 'the pipe' image >>

what were they smoking?!?! >>

...pablum. image
  • The Native American coin is an interesting series i think.I often wonder how far this series might run and what topics/events commemorated.Trail of tears perhaps or Wounded knee , Battle of Little Bighorn . . Three events i suspect we'll never see on the coin.
  • NewRoseNewRose Posts: 309 ✭✭
    I really like the design for the Olympic National Park Quarter. Absolutely beautiful!

The reverse design for the Native American Dollar isn't all that great. In fact, it really is ugly.

Successful BST transactions with: copperhunter (2010), Tdec1000 (2010), barrytrot (2011), kaz, (2011), Metalsman (2011), jimineez1 (2020), U1chicago (2020)

• I like the quarters, especially Gettysburg and Old Ironsides
  • These designs show a paradigm shift in the selection process (except the Sac). I don't know if it's related to a change in the committee that does the selecting or the group of designers and engravers used to produce these. Not quite classic, absolutely more interesting than recent products.

I mean, if I see another cartoonish, road kill eagle or scary acromegalic rendition of the Statue of Liberty on an issue...image
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many I'll actually see in circulation.

Random thought- it would have been nice for them to have used half dollars for these ATB coins, maybe. A quarter is just too small a canvas to portray grandiose landscapes and such. But I guess if they'd used halves, they'd have just been like any other NCLT commemorative and would circulate even less than the dollars and the ATB quarters.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

<< <i>I wonder how many I'll actually see in circulation.

Random thought- it would have been nice for them to have used half dollars for these ATB coins, maybe. A quarter is just too small a canvas to portray grandiose landscapes and such. But I guess if they'd used halves, they'd have just been like any other NCLT commemorative and would circulate even less than the dollars and the ATB quarters. >>

...i'm wondering if we'll have to depend on the direct ship program for rolls (if offered) in order to be able to get any of

the NA bucks. seems to me there wasn't any available through the banks in the past. of course there's the option

of buying them at a premium at the mint, if one chooses. image
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Gettysburg and Vicksburg best. There all good thou image
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone's looking for a roll or loose 2010-D Native Americans, I have a few extras. Still looking for s few loose 2010-P's (and, soon, a few loose 2011 P's & D's), if anyone's interested.

I also would have preferred the ATB's to have been on larger coins for aesthetic purposes, but understand they wouldn't circulate much that way......... although they hardly circulate now....... has completely turned me off actively collecting the series, seeing as how I have found maybe a grand total of 3 all year in circulation, and rolls are non-existent from any local bank.......image Had to get most of ours from some cut-up Mint Sets' leftovers..........

- - Daveimage

<< <i>If anyone's looking for a roll or loose 2010-D Native Americans, I have a few extras. Still looking for s few loose 2010-P's (and, soon, a few loose 2011 P's & D's), if anyone's interested.

I also would have preferred the ATB's to have been on larger coins for aesthetic purposes, but understand they wouldn't circulate much that way......... although they hardly circulate now....... has completely turned me off actively collecting the series, seeing as how I have found maybe a grand total of 3 all year in circulation, and rolls are non-existent from any local bank.......image Had to get most of ours from some cut-up Mint Sets' leftovers..........

- - Daveimage >>

...you found 3 in circulation??????????????????? WOW! you did a lot better than me! image

• << <i>If anyone's looking for a roll or loose 2010-D Native Americans, I have a few extras. Still looking for s few loose 2010-P's (and, soon, a few loose 2011 P's & D's), if anyone's interested.

- - Daveimage >>

How these are distributed, I don't know. But I wonder if the majority of them are sold in rolls from the mint, and socked away for another day.
    All beaucoup millions of them.
    I have seen probably less than five of the ATB's and less than five of the DC and Territories issue.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Date on edeges not on face of SAC Dollar image

Dumbest thing I ever heard of image
    GrandAm :)
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭✭
    Granted, with my bad eye, I don't get out as much as I'd like, and, when I do, I almost always charge, but I got one in change when we were visiting Texas, another in airport change later that year, and one in change kids in my wife's class use to buy candy with at school near the end of the year. That's it.....

Such a waste of a program......

People who want to pay the extra charges have no problem getting what they need from the Mint or shows/stores/etc, but think about the millions of new collectors drawn in by the folders & maps for the State Quarter program vs all those disappointed after buying similar holders this time around & there being next to nothing to show for it......

I know the economy played a role in things, but give me a break! There's GOT to be a better way to distribute these if you're trying to grow interest in such a program!

I tried to collect a roll from each state for each of my kids from the State Quarter program (have all but 1 CT & 1 GA, but that's ANOTHER story..), but I swore off doing the same with the ATB Q's once I encountered so many problems getting the Territory Q rolls...... After all, there's no silver content, etc in those coins.... they're general circulating coinage, for gosh sakes!! DISTRIBUTE THEM!!!!

It just makes me so frustrated..........

- - Daveimage

<< <i>Date on edeges not on face of SAC Dollar image

Dumbest thing I ever heard of image >>

... i agree. the edge lettering sucks big time. i wonder whose bright idea THAT was! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file