Home U.S. Coin Forum

Need Your Help

I am getting ready to sell this 1858 Flying Eagle Penny. What would you think is a fair price?

GOOD BST DEALS: cohodk, mikescoins, GritsMan, spinaker2000,
My Ebay Auctions

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    You're welcome!
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any time. Always a pleasure to help out.
    theknowitalltroll;
    Now you post your question... If it were me, I'd list it on eBay with a $35 starting bid.
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭
    I hope that non-smart ass answers are allowed in this thread. If so, my guess would be about $35.

Edited to add: I see that another poster had a similar value estimate, but, if I were selling on Ebay, I would list it at no reserve.

<< <i>I hope that non-smart ass answers are allowed in this thread. If so, my guess would be about $35. >>

Be nice... we answered when there was nothing posted by the OP.

<< <i>

<< <i>I hope that non-smart ass answers are allowed in this thread. If so, my guess would be about $35. >>

Be nice... we answered when there was nothing posted by the OP. >>

I am aware of that. But, in what way, if any, do you feel that I mischaracterized the initial replies?

<< <i>

<< <i>

I am aware of that. But, in what way, if any, do you feel that I mischaracterized the initial replies? >>

Are you related to my ex-wife? She always had to be right too. image

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I am aware of that. But, in what way, if any, do you feel that I mischaracterized the initial replies? >>

Are you related to my ex-wife? She always had to be right too. image >>

I am open to the possibility that I was wrong, But if so, just tell me how? Your ex-wife told me that you like to get the last word, so this will be my last post to this thread - go for it.image

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Are you related to my ex-wife? She always had to be right too. image >>

I am open to the possibility that I was wrong, But if so, just tell me how? Your ex-wife told me that you like to get the last word, so this will be my last post to this thread - go for it.image >>

She talks too much! image
  • Here: eBay sales over the last 90 days. With these words in the subject line.

1858 Flying eagle XF

October 11, 2010 - January 08, 2011
    Avg. Price:
    $79.44
    Start Price:
    $26.71
    Listings:
    Sell-Through:
    50.39%

Interpertation of the above data says that about 60 listings sold with an average starting price of $26 and an average closing price of $79.

1858 Flying eagle XF -pcgs -ngc

Avg. Price:
    $77.98
    Start Price:
    $23.49
    Listings:
    Sell-Through:
    51.72%

the above search appears to remove certified grades with PCGS and NGC in the Listing Title. 50% of the listings during those 90 days did not sell

1858 Flying eagle XF -pcgs -ngc -small letters

Avg. Price:
    $81.66
    Start Price:
    $32.97
    Listings:
    Sell-Through:
    27.27%

the above search criteria removes slabs and the small letters variety. ONLY 25% of the listings sold with an average start price of $33 and average ending price of $82.

I don't know if that is the sm or large letter variety sorry if I screwed that up.

some more info regarding the last search excluding certified and small letters.

best of luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file