Home U.S. Coin Forum

Westminster Mint, unsolicited, called me this evening...

....offering me a set of the hockey pucks, graded by ANACS MS69 (claims none in 70....is that true?)......for $5,000. I don't even recall doing business with them in the past (perhaps I did once or twice with their ASE and 1/10th oz AGE for like the cost of postage... if it's them...was from an ad in CW perhaps, if it was them). Offered to sweeten the deal with a couple MS70 2010 ASE's. Anyone else get this unsolicited call? Due to the weather here (2+ feet in the Boston area), with shovelling, snowblowing, etc, I asked him to call me back....Lou (I think his name is) claims he'll call me back at 8:45pm his time, 10:45pm my time (I thought he said they are in Wisconsin...Wyoming maybe?), that they have 'about 190 sets', all numbered. What do you all think about it?
I'll come up with something.

Comments

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you want them to call you back?
    All glory is fleeting.
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why would you want them to call you back? >>

Well, since noone is taking CC's for these, I thought I'd see if THEY would. Odds are slim to none I'll let him get through his whole spiel, but was/am interested in the CC option (to see if they're accepting them. Thought it weird they'd have to sweeten the pot for these, but perhaps I'll feel like playing with him, see how many ASE's they'd actually offer up to make a deal.....hey, it's cold, still snowing, been clearing snow all day (got 2-4" an hour for a few hours, and it's no fun snowblowing only to have to start all over immediately after finishing....4 times straight. Perhaps I'm crazy from the snow/cold....so, figured I'd 'relax' a little (read between the lines on that one), and see just how far they'd go.
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the Westminster Mint was like in London or someplace like that.

Maybe that was Winchester Cathedral
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought the Westminster Mint was like in London or someplace like that.

Maybe that was Winchester Cathedral >>

Wasn't that a song from the 60's????

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file