Home Sports Talk
Options

Bears heavy favorite

Very interesting scenario here.

Seahawks were 10+ dog against the Super Bowl champs and put on a great display.
Seahawks beat the Bears in Chicago already this season.
Seahawks are again a 10+ dog in Chicago this weekend.

I don't bet pro sports, but I do find this compelling to see how it plays out. Even though you may not be a betting man, how
would you handle a hundred bucks on this game ? Bears -10 or Seatte with the points ?

Comments

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    which of course means the Seahawks were either win or scare the daylights out of the bears before losing as time runs out on a 49 yard FG.....I remember when my favorite team, the Browns almost beat the Dolphins durung their perfect season in the playoffs when they were a wildcard team....
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    For Seahawks' fans, all I have to say is think of 1983, and be very confident.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Hawks are 2 - 6 on the road this year giving up an average of 29 + points per game
    despite playing a cupcake schedule away including Arizona, Denver, Oakland, the Rams and the 49ers.

Also note that the Saints put up 36 points in their loss last week, so Seattle didn't exactly "stop" them.

So you have a team with no defense, that can't win on the road,
    going up against a team that is 7 - 2 since their bye week having lost only to New England and Green Bay.

Yup, and the Bears beat the Jets and the Eagles during that streak.

I'd take Chicago and give the points. This game could get ugly early and turn into a total Bear rout ...
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bears have improved a lot since their loss to the Hawks. The Hawks are also a bad road team this year.

Then, of course, there's the 'Cutler Factor' .... which guy shows up, the 0 TD, 2 INT guy? or the 3 TD, 1 INT guy?

Go Hawks!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    While I'm a huge Seahawks fan, I find it difficult to compare this game to week 6 when Seattle was coming off a BYE and had an extra week to prepare for daBears. The major difference I see this game will be front 7 play on defense. Back then Seattle had a healthy Red Bryant and was able to hold Matt Forte to 11 yards on 8 carries and put constant pressure on Cutler throughout the game, including 6 sacks. Bryant is on IR and Lofa Tatupu is questionable for the game after suffering a concussion against the Saints. On the contrary, daBears were without all-pro Lance Briggs week 6. Adding an impact player such as Briggs is sure to give Hasselbeck and the Seahawks running game more trouble than they previously faced.

Regardless, anything can still happen so I wouldn't write the Seahawks off too fast. I've already bought my tickets for the NFC Championship game at Qwest field if both the Seahawks and Packers manage to move onto the next round. Go Hawks!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Hawks are 2 - 6 on the road this year giving up an average of 29 + points per game
    despite playing a cupcake schedule away including Arizona, Denver, Oakland, the Rams and the 49ers.

Also note that the Saints put up 36 points in their loss last week, so Seattle didn't exactly "stop" them.

So you have a team with no defense, that can't win on the road,
    going up against a team that is 7 - 2 since their bye week having lost only to New England and Green Bay.

Yup, and the Bears beat the Jets and the Eagles during that streak.

I'd take Chicago and give the points. This game could get ugly early and turn into a total Bear rout ... >>

I agree, except I don't know if I can give up 10 pts. That is saying Bears win by 2 touchdowns. They do have the best coaching staff in the NFL...but that might be too much to ask.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    if there is a snowstorm in Chicago this weekend it could turn the game into a 6-3, 9-0, or 7-3 snoozer.......only way I'd be confident taking the bears would be if I was in Vegas the morning of the game, knew what the weather was going to be and then made my bet....
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    The Bears are no offensive juggernaut. The spread is too big. The Hawks are basically at their healthiest point all year and there has to be some confidence for the Hawks knowing they've already went there and won earlier in the year. This should be a close game. Hester and Washington could be the difference for either team. Also, to this point in his career....Cutler has accomplished nothing. 1st time playoff starters are something like 5-21 and this includes some greats of which Cutler is not.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    It all depends on which Cutler shows up, the good or bad one.
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Everyone likes to focus on Cutler as the reason for the Bear losses this year, but the fault lies with the offensive line. As someone who has watched practically evry Bears game since the late '70s, IMO this is the worst o-line I have seen the Bears have.
    I don't have the stats in front of me but I'm sure Cutler leads the league in being sacked and pressures this year. Considering what he's been through this year I think he has preformed well and he has never once put the blame on his O-line or his inexperienced receivers not finishing routs, (Knox). I like Cutler, he has the talent and the tuffness to get it done and we haven't seen that in a QB in Chicago in some time.
  • Options

<< <i>Everyone likes to focus on Cutler as the reason for the Bear losses this year, but the fault lies with the offensive line. As someone who has watched practically evry Bears game since the late '70s, IMO this is the worst o-line I have seen the Bears have.
    I don't have the stats in front of me but I'm sure Cutler leads the league in being sacked and pressures this year. Considering what he's been through this year I think he has preformed well and he has never once put the blame on his O-line or his inexperienced receivers not finishing routs, (Knox). I like Cutler, he has the talent and the tuffness to get it done and we haven't seen that in a QB in Chicago in some time. >>

He may be talented but Jay Cutler is no Teddy Bear!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

The Seahawks ARE who were THOUGHT they were!
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bears and the Packers in the NFC Championship!!.....who'da thunk it!!!!! image

The first time they've met in the postseason since December 1941.....69 years ago.....a week after Pearl Harbor was attacked!!

Steve
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Seahawks ARE who were THOUGHT they were! >>

You must be a Chicago fan because you don't know how to spell. image On the serious side, good luck to the Bears next week.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The Seahawks ARE who were THOUGHT they were! >>

You must be a Chicago fan because you don't know how to spell. image On the serious side, good luck to the Bears next week. >>

Paul is actually, like me, a misplaced Chargers fan image

Steve