Home U.S. Coin Forum

Help with Best Coin Scale on ebay

ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
I NEED to buy a coin scale and would like to get it off of ebay. There are many different models and prices ranges. I need it to go to .01 of a gram.

Please give me your suggestions for the best coin scale that ebay has to offer.

TIA

Comments

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone?
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    I have a DigiWeigh.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought an "amw-100" "not legal for trade" scale that measures up to a little over 100 grams.

It's only been in service for a few months, but it's an ok pocket sized digital scale.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Ohaus or Mettler scales, either old school triple beam balance or newer digital scales good to .01 grams have always worked for me. Good, industry standards. Depends on the weight resolution you want to get to.
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    from ebay I got a 100g x 0.01 g digital scale,
    that came with a 100g standard weight

and I think it cost about $15

and when I check the standard weight it is right on

similiar one on ebay
    LCoopie = Les
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one of these don't know if it's the bast but it does what I need. DigiWegh

• << <i>I got one of these don't know if it's the bast but it does what I need. DigiWegh >>

Same as mine i like it..
    It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!
  • razzlerazzle Posts: 985 ✭✭✭
    Errors,
    The scale question comes up often. There are several good threads on it from the past, worth the search.
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    do you want to be able to stick it in your pocket for when you go to shows and shops.

or keep it at home and plugged into the wall?

what is budget you are looking at?

do you want to be able to calculate specific gravities?

what is max capacity you will need?
    individual coins, or pi;es of 90% silver

need more perameters to see what your needs are to find 'Best Coin scale on eBay'

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file