Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

All Time NFL Rushers set

So I just got this email.

Hello,

We will be adding Arian Foster to the All-Time NFL Rushers set. We have three cards to choose from and would like to poll everyone on which card to use in the set.

2009 Donruss Elite #106
or
2009 Donruss Threads #107
or
2009 Playoff Prestige #107

Please email me your YES vote for either #1, #2 or #3.
Thank you,

You have to be kinding me that this went to a vote as was approved. Did anyone even vote on this?

Until know this set was pretty strong. But come on. This guy has played one season. A. Peterson isnt even in this set yet. Someone complained about Hornung being in this set and I would agree he wasnt a dominant RB but is in the HOF. Roger Craig was a much better back yet isnt in the set. This is getting insane. I might as well put up James Starks he had one good game last week.

So in two to three years will we have to remove him is he leaves the game due to a career ending injury? I thought we had a yardage threshold for this set? Has that been removed?
Packers Fan for Life
Collecting:
Brett Favre Master Set
Favre Ticket Stubs
Favre TD Reciever Autos
Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
Football HOF Rc's

Comments

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Really? I did not see a vote on this. I got the email from Gayle just now. What a bunch of crap. I say we ask for a revote.
  • Options
    I just got the email also and can't remember ever getting an email for the vote. I think maybe someone believes this set is for the leader in rushing yards per year and requested him added on that basis. We may need to email Cosetta and let her know that this set is not formthe annual leading rusher and that we did not receive emails
    about a vote.
    Collector of NFL HOF RC's & Brian Urlacher
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see this vote email? I never got it. I emailed Gayle to verify that a vote email was sent out. We will see.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭
    Me included.

2 years and one nfl rushing title on the all time set?????

I wouldn't vote for that
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, something similar to this happened before and it was a mistake. My guess is that there's an Annual NFL Rushing Leader set that this was actually meant for.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    well i hope its a mistake. i have emailed gayle to find out.

i can see him going in the Annual Rushing Leaders set...but there is a big difference between the two sets.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Just got an email fro Gayle and it was a mistake. The poll was suppose to be for the annual rushing leader set.
    Collector of NFL HOF RC's & Brian Urlacher
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Another of the downsides to having so many like sets.

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Guys, something similar to this happened before and it was a mistake. My guess is that there's an Annual NFL Rushing Leader set that this was actually meant for. >>

Yep, last year w/ Chris Johnson.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.