Home U.S. Coin Forum

Ebay listing that made me laugh

MercuryMercury Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
He has a few opinions he would like to share in his listing.

Link
Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.

Comments

• dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Move to Canada, eh?
    Dwayne Sessom
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow. Move to Canada, eh? >>

Problem is Canada is rockin' financially right now and doesn't need us anymore...
  • I think I like that seller image
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I think I lost at least 10 dollars by just reading that...image
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    While I don't necessarily agree with a lot that was said, I do like the listing. image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if he ships internationally....
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I'm not big on political statements, I just laughed and laughed all the way through that one, especially the S&H charges.

Tom

• I love his lunch hours and tarnish is FREE!
  • imageimage
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • toyz4geotoyz4geo Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definately entertaining....especially the shipping/handling disclosureimage Good thing he made a template...uses it in his other items for sale as well.
  • heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭
    The listing is hilarious and...Makes wonder what a transaction dispute with this guy would be like. HM
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The listing is hilarious and...Makes wonder what a transaction dispute with this guy would be like. HM >>

My exact thoughts too.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing he sprung for the "thick cushion"...
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a MASTERPIECE!!!!image
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • JBNJBN Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to need the coin to be shipped to Columbia.

I hope that is not a problem.
  • TJM965TJM965 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The listing is hilarious and...Makes wonder what a transaction dispute with this guy would be like. HM >>

If there was a legitimate problem, I'd bet he would take care of it. Sounds like a true American to me.image
  • funny read.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like the seller already but thats over done a bit image
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver Grumpy indeed!

NO California IOU's--NO Austrialian Dollars--NO Brazilian Pounds--NO British Pounds--NO Canadian Dollars--NO Euros (YET)--NO Indian Rupee--NO Hong Kong Dollars--NO Japanese Yen--NO Mexican Pesos--No South African Rands (unless gold)--NO Swiss Franks--NO C-Notes--NO Twankie--NO Double Sawbuck--NO Fin--NO Buck--NO Moola--NO Scratch--No Scrip--NO Wampum--NO Dash--NO Wonger--NO Shrapnel--NO Dayana--NO Chaopiao--NO Billuya--NO Billete--NO Palos--NO Lana--NO Trading Stamps--NO Postage Stamps--NO Wooden Nickels--NO Food Stamps--NO Squirrel Hides

Guess I won't ask if he accepts Beanie Babies in trade.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    The last line in the auction made me chuckle.

"There is a Great Need for a Sarcasm FONT"

lol
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • If I were in Hawaii, would I have to keep proving I'm in the United States in order for him to ship?
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone please write him and ask if he combines on shipping charges.

Tom

• Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    I feel his pain. Or frustration or whatever he's feeling.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GREAT READ!!! I just might bid on something
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is hilarious!

"You know, this used to be a hell of a good country. I can't understand what's gone wrong with it." Jack Nicholson as George Hanson in1969 from the movie Easy Rider
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

1997-present

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • JuanJuan Posts: 71 ✭✭
    It's a shame but that's how most folks feel about things right now. He was straight and to the point and if I'm not mistaken he has no fondness for the current president-whoever that is...
    oklahomakid
  • Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    but what does he REALLY think? =)
  • He has 100% feedback and has been on Ebay since 1999.

Who am I to disagree?

I wonder if he'll take Ameros?
  • Best add on Ebay I have seen for awhile, LOL
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder where this guy stands on stuff? Wish he had inventory I was interested in.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭
    I just loved the S&H punchline! image

As for the preamble: embelished, twisted, sarcasm. I love it. imageimage
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    I feel the pain image
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

What makes it particularly apt is the dwarf who's on that silver round: Grumpy. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

• << <i>I love his lunch hours and tarnish is FREE! >>

I had the same though. image
  • my kinda guy!!
  • LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing!
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • I wish he sold stuff I was interested in - I would be glad to be his customer!
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this seller carves his Thanksgiving turkey with a look like Jack Nicholson had in The Shining.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If I were in Hawaii, would I have to keep proving I'm in the United States in order for him to ship? >>

I get that all of the time.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    When I posted this yesterday morning the counter at the bottom of his auction was at 11, it's now in the mid 500's
    Just thought that it was intresting.

Mercury
    Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file