Home Sports Talk
Options

College Football 2011

Ok, so it's a tad early but any surprises in your pre-season top 10? Whose going to win it all?

The Pac 10 should still be mediocre so Oregon or Stanford should have a decent chance at being undefeated next year.

Comments

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Ok I'm jumping right into this thread.

I just read the UCLA Bruins are doing some crappy recruiting.

I guess Rick Neuheisel must have been very busy getting ready for the big bowl game they didn't go to last season.

BriaN
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Bman-
    I am very disappointed with the coaching job he has done so far. In particular recruiting, even when $C is down, has been very poor. They had a good program in Westwood but it's not doing well right now.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about Nebraska [of the Big 10 (or is it 12 but we will call it 10) next year] or Colorado [of the Pac 10 or is it 12 but we will call it 10] winning the championship next year?

Or for that matter, how about San Jose State, or New Mexico, or Kansas, or North Carolina or Kentucky?

• Options
    Oh ya, I guess the Pac 10 will be the Pac 12 next season. The Big 10/Big 12 thing is very confusing. Someone needs to change their name!
  • Options
    1. It will be tough to rank Ohio State because even though Pryor and a lot of good players are returning, they will miss the first five games.

2. Oklahoma will have smooth sailing in their conference because no other team really stands out. Their schedule is favorable.

3. Oregon will have their qb and top rb returning, but their first game is against LSU, and LSU has a lot of good returning players too,
    so although they both will be ranked high to start the season, one of them will fall. Oregon is losing some key performers on defense.

4. Auburn will fall off the map in the rankings. Losing Newton and Fairley will be too much for them to overcome.

5. Alabama will be ranked high to start the season, and can win it all if their new qb overperforms.

6. Florida State will have a suprisingly high ranking due to a lot of key players returning, and an impressive win over South Carolina.

7. Arkansas should be ranked high. Although they will lose Mallet, they are returning a good group of kids.

I will guess the top 10 to look like this..............

1. Oklahoma (because no one can really beat them with their schedule, so it's the easy pick)
    2. Alabama
    3. Ohio State (although some will drop them to the bottom 10 because of the suspensions)
    4. LSU
    5. Oregon
    6. Boise State
    7. Florida State
    8. Stanford
    9. Arkansas
    10. South Carolina
  • Options
    6. Florida State will have a suprisingly high ranking due to a lot of key players returning, and an impressive win over South Carolina.

Interesting. You a Florida State fan?

As for Ohio State 4 of the first 5 games are easy if I recall correctly.

I haven't checked but who is TCU losing/returning? They have been consistently in the top 20 the last few years. Will be curious how they shake out.
  • Options
    Boston College will win the ACC and go
    to a BCS Bowl game.
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oregon will have to find some people for both the defensive and offensive line. The offensive line will be the hardest to fill because of the lack of rotatation that was not used this year. The defensive side should hold up fairly well because of the 25 people they rotated in and out this year on defense.

The backfield is loaded again. The QB, both running backs, 2 split ends and the tight end all return. Add the 2 redshirt running backs and it looks like we are set.

I think the whole year will depend on how well the offensive line plays. The game against LSU will tell us I believe.

One last thing. Oregon and LSU deserve props for having next years game on their schedule. Both teams have a set. By the way. Oregon also has Nevada on the schedule early. Sure glad that QB is gone.

Ken
  • Options
    Always hard to tell. Auburn was ranked #22 start of season and look what happenned.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I know one team that will continue to suck in 2011, and it's coached by a new guy with a last name that rhymes with JOKE (and Choke). image

GO BUCKS!!
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems more players are opting out early for the NFL Draft making this tougher for coaches

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.